Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the match!

Actually, I'm loking forward to getting back home next month, but right about the time I am supposed to be back at work...time to go to Benning :D

Alex

That makes 2 or us Alex.. I am so looking forward to R&R with Benning in the middleish of it. It will be funny, I left for Iraq 2 days after LT3G and will be back from Benning a little less than a week when I come back here...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not MD or RM, but as a range officer, AND MD for the MS 3-gun challenge using Ft. Benning rules I'll answer your question Big Lucky.

9MM is good to go for pistol............NO minor/Major in Ft. Benning 3-gun.

Hopalong

But, you may want to read the rules yourself.(once they get posted)

Edited by hopalong

Received word today I moved up to 3rd on the wait list.

I should be good to go.

Jayson

That was an April Fool's joke!!! ROFL

Yes, we really need to get Larry a calendar <_<

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Rules just posted!

http://www.fb3g.com/home.html

NO TROOPER CLASS! (Sorry Larry) :)

The rules for the Ft Benning 3 Gun Challenge are now posted on the match website: http://www.fb3g.com/home.html

Changes from the 2009 Rules:

• Please note that Trooper is no longer recognized by the match. If you registered as a Trooper, please notify me to let me know which division you plan to shoot at the match, or to request a refund if you prefer not to change divisions,

• Also, the match will allow 1X optics in Tactical Irons, in addition to iron sights.

• And, for Tactical Shotguns, there is a strict 8 rounds maximum in the tube (ghost loading is not allowed).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Any news on the rules & round counts yet?

Thanks!

MLM

I just looked at the rules and it looks like there is no OPEN class either!

-mike-

Rules just posted!

http://www.fb3g.com/home.html

NO TROOPER CLASS! (Sorry Larry) :)

The rules for the Ft Benning 3 Gun Challenge are now posted on the match website: http://www.fb3g.com/home.html

• Please note that Trooper is no longer recognized by the match. If you registered as a Trooper, please notify me to let me know which division you plan to shoot at the match, or to request a refund if you prefer not to change divisions,

• Also, the match will allow 1X optics in Tactical Irons, in addition to iron sights.

• And, for Tactical Shotguns, there is a strict 8 rounds maximum in the tube (ghost loading is not allowed).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Any news on the rules & round counts yet?

Thanks!

MLM

My apologies! The rules the AMU sent me were missing more sections than intended. When cutting out the Trooper portion of the rules, Open Division rules and portions of the Tactical Iron Division rules were inadvertently deleted. Please see the “old” rules for Open Division & detailed Tact Iron rules: http://www.LChico5u.com/AMU/3GRules.pdf

The rules for the Ft Benning 3 Gun Challenge that are now posted on the match website: http://www.fb3g.com/home.html should only have 3 (three) changes from the “old” rules. They are listed below.

I apologize for any confusion. We will get an official, combined set of rules posted by tomorrow evening.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

so can you use a EO Tech only in tact irons?

The way I understand the rules is that you could also use an EOTech for Tac Optics (which would allow you to use a magnifier also) but it would put you at a distinct disadvantage in that class if you didn't use the magnifier.

I would say that the rules aren't entirely clear because there is no delineation between Tac Scope and Tac Irons. When I initially read the rule change, I took it to mean that the 1x optics would compete in Tac Irons. The would already be allowed in Tac Scope under old rules. There wouldn't be any reason to add the new rule.

Maybe a clarification is in order.

so can you use a EO Tech only in tact irons?

The way I understand the rules is that you could also use an EOTech for Tac Optics (which would allow you to use a magnifier also) but it would put you at a distinct disadvantage in that class if you didn't use the magnifier.

so as you are seeing it,i would keep my iron sight on and folded down out of the way, or leave them where they now folded down on the side of my tube. as long as they are mounted somewhere on the firearm.

what is the right anwser. yes i am in the match signed in tact irons. but normal racer has less recoil and if i could just remove the scope that would be great.

6.4.4 Tactical Class scoped rifles may be equipped with no more than

one (1) optical sight.

Tactical Class Scoped: Use whatever optic you want (as long as there's only one). It can be a scope, dot, dot with magnifier... pick your poison.

6.4.5 Tactical Iron Class rifles may be equipped with one 1x power optic

(Iron sights are also allowed).

Don't read anything into it. You can use a 1x optic and/or Irons.

If you shoot a dot in Tac-Irons you do not have to mount a set of irons on your rifle at all.

Most important

Round count:

131 Rifle

123 Pistol

106 Shot

26 Slug

(subject to change without notice)

Stages are being finalized and should be posted soon. Good luck everybody!!!

Daniel Horner

Edited by Daniel Horner

6.4.4 Tactical Class scoped rifles may be equipped with no more than

one (1) optical sight.

Tactical Class Scoped: Use whatever optic you want (as long as there's only one). It can be a scope, dot, dot with magnifier... pick your poison.

6.4.5 Tactical Iron Class rifles may be equipped with one 1x power optic

(Iron sights are also allowed).

Don't read anything into it. You can use a 1x optic and/or Irons.

If you shoot a dot in Tac-Irons you do not have to mount a set of irons on your rifle at all.

Most important

Round count:

131 Rifle

123 Pistol

106 Shot

26 Slug

(subject to change without notice)

Stages are being finalized and should be posted soon. Good luck everybody!!!

Daniel Horner

thanks for the clear anwser on 1X

but i hope this is a tpyo 26 slugs. well that will be okay if they only 25 yards out. :)

Under 6.7 Heavy Metal Class

6.7.1.3 no optical sights on the rifle

6.7.2.1 12 ga pump, and then match remainder of options to tactical shotgun, 8 in the tube and iron sights

6.7.3.3 only 8 rounds of .45 in any pistol mags.

For rifle and pistol I meant to say shotgun, you also need to be aware that the FG3G rules don't say only x number of rounds are allowed in a magazine tube, the rules state that magazines are only capable of x rounds in the tube. For those big mags, you need to do an internal block to limit them.

For pistol, 6.7.3.3, you can just load 8 rounds regardless of mag size.

IMHO

Edited by springy