Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

I have a question about the clock. I am going to be away from my computer but have my handy dandy crackberry. Unfortunately, with the browser I'm using I get the clock, but it doesn't update without a refresh (and losing the data in the fields). So if I fill out the form at 8:45, hit submit at 9:30 but the clock on my browser still says 8:45, does it submit as 8:45?

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about anyone else but this clock is not maving fast enough.........this is worse than being 7 years old and waiting for Santa to come down the chimney!

Larry

Not sure about anyone else but this clock is not maving fast enough.........this is worse than being 7 years old and waiting for Santa to come down the chimney!

Larry

I promised myself that I would not go to the log in screen till after 9 tonight... Last year it seemed like hours (actually, it was hours :surprise: ) for the clock to hit the magic time, then BAM! It was all over but the anxious waiting for the email from Linda.

Here's to everyone getting in :cheers: (-- right after me :rolleyes: --)

Good luck everyone!

Edited by HS101

I have a question about the clock. I am going to be away from my computer but have my handy dandy crackberry. Unfortunately, with the browser I'm using I get the clock, but it doesn't update without a refresh (and losing the data in the fields). So if I fill out the form at 8:45, hit submit at 9:30 but the clock on my browser still says 8:45, does it submit as 8:45?

It uses the server time, not what is displayed on your browser. That is why any fiddling with your local time is pointless...the server will reject anything before 9:30 by its own clock.

But...okay, I opened the window twice on my computer and the times are 13 seconds apart.

If I use the one window, I'll never get in.

If I use the other...I might not get in either.

How do I know what time the server has??

Should I try to enter some before MY computer says it's 9:30? Then if my computer is behind I still have a chance??

Had a long phone call today from some friends overseas:

Aaron Hampton, Lee Dimaculangan & Daniel Horner wish everyone luck with the sign in.

Because of some of the difficulties getting files to load from a low speed, intermittent connection, Daniel has been unable to update the Ft Benning 3 Gun website. He hopes to get that done soon. The cost of the match this year will be $200. Also, there is a delay in finalizing the match application. Tonight I will start sending out registration codes, but I will not have an application available until the weekend. I will make sure everyone who gets a registration code is emailed information about how to access the application.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Thanks Merlin.

Now I'm worried too - I've got two sign-in pages up on my computer simultaneously and they are a full second "off" from being synchronized. Seems like a crap-shoot at best with the varying times being displayed. Should I hit "submit" on the early clock and chance a DQ or go with the later clock and risk not getting in the match?

I have heard of people having different times in different windows, but I have never been able to reproduce that (with more than a second between clocks) unless I was mokeying with my local time to try to introduce errors.

If you have two windows and one is slightly ahead of the other, go with the earlier one. The logic for updating the clock could be almost as much as a second behind the actual server time.

Thanks Merlin.

Now I'm worried too - I've got two sign-in pages up on my computer simultaneously and they are a full second "off" from being synchronized. Seems like a crap-shoot at best with the varying times being displayed. Should I hit "submit" on the early clock and chance a DQ or go with the later clock and risk not getting in the match?

The web site server is synchronized to NPT

see the screen shot:

post-5346-127371281918_thumb.png

If you hit too early, hit the back arrow on your browser & re-submit immediately. The info does not disappear

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

I say everyone logged in to this thread right now should automatically get in! up to 32 people lurking at this time... still leaves lots of slots for other people :devil:

Large pot of French Roast Coffee, bag of Harry & David dark chocolate truffles and 2 bars of Godiva dark chocolate for back up (thanks Ben!)

I'm ready

Linda Chico (L-2035)