Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Shell Holders

I am sure I missed it in another thread but I am looking for a solution for holding extra shot shells on my belt. I have seen people with a "trough" of sort, and it looked like it would work, but I can't find where you would buy them.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You might want to get some Velcro to go with them. I put the soft side of the Velcro on the inside on the caddies facing out so that the shells are a little bit more snug in the caddy. The shells normally stay put without Velcro but I've seen a few go flying during full speed running or jumping. If your running the CR speed or double alpha belt use the hard side of the Velcro on the back side of the belt loops.

Edited by jtischauser

You might want to get some Velcro to go with them. I put the soft side of the Velcro on the inside on the caddies facing out so that the shells are a little bit more snug in the caddy. The shells normally stay put without Velcro but I've seen a few go flying during full speed running or jumping. If your running the CR speed or double alpha belt use the hard side of the Velcro on the back side of the belt loops.

Don't forget that they can be used to hold AR mags (magpul steel, etc) as well. Working with the soft velcro on the inside also allows you to exchange shells for a mag depending on the stage requirements. +1 on using velcro on the belt side of the carriers as well, lets you get extra-sticky to hold the weight of the belt on your waistline! :cheers:

You can also get Man Mountain four shell caddies from Chris at CPWSA.com. He is a forum dealer, and a great guy to do business with.

Hurley

I got some of these Man Mountain caddies, and they are slick as snot! (more expensive than the CCWs but work better for me)

MME%20caddy%206.jpg

Click!

I've had some Choates and then California Competition Works, then tried the Progrssive Machine&Tool(now Progressive Arms), and now I have the Man Mountain Engineering caddies and they are the best caddies I have used yet. They are lighter and more compact than any of the others mentioned. I can get 7 on my belt when I could only get 6 of the others. They are secure and fast also. MME gets my vote.

• 2 weeks later...

You will need an 10x32x3/8 screw's a drill bit and a tap take off the old belt loops and place your teklok on and mark the holes you want drill then tap use some lock tight your are done. that will be $0.00 for that Thank You

Ok, this might be a stupid question, but here goes anyway.

How hard would it be to adapt the Man Mountain shell holders to use TekLok instead of the belt loops that come on them?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still using the Choate 6 rounders as they have always worked. But some of the newer designs look good. It would be nice to have an easy on/off option like a Tek lock.

Ironically there is about to be one introduced, 4 and 6 rounders, with teklock belt attachments.... :goof: Look on my belt, possibly at SMM3G.

;)

Ok, this might be a stupid question, but here goes anyway.

How hard would it be to adapt the Man Mountain shell holders to use TekLok instead of the belt loops that come on them?

I like Tekloks, however one of the advantages of the slim Man Mtn loops are that they do not block much of the Velcro on CR Speed type belt systems. This is a benefit when you have 5 or 6 shotshell carriers all in a row on your belt.

I like Tekloks, however one of the advantages of the slim Man Mtn loops are that they do not block much of the Velcro on CR Speed type belt systems. This is a benefit when you have 5 or 6 shotshell carriers all in a row on your belt.

That is nice. I had to put some velcro on the back of my carriers to add some extra grip for my belt.

Edited by ninemmbill

All this being said, does anyone actually use the 6 rounders? I have CCW's and got two six rounders when I started out and found them to be more of a hassle than helpful. And I have huge alien hands.

Those MME's look really nice, but $50 a pop? Ouch...

I use 4 of the 6 round holders (with the requisite velcro on the back). My hands are in the medium range, and find it comfortable (and controllable) to grab 3 shells at a time. If I grab 4, 1 or 2 seem to fly out of my hands :surprise:. Never good to leave your ammo on the ground!

I use 4 of the 6 round holders (with the requisite velcro on the back). My hands are in the medium range, and find it comfortable (and controllable) to grab 3 shells at a time. If I grab 4, 1 or 2 seem to fly out of my hands :surprise:. Never good to leave your ammo on the ground!

I hear you there. I've got short hands and have tried four many, many times. I can land it about once every 30-40 times. So I stick to the 6 rounders and grab 3 at a time.

No top 3-gunner that I know of uses a 6 round holder, and all of them use only a double belt with velcro, and I haven't seen a one without Tech-Locs :roflol:

Unllike my cool moustache wearing Nordic team mate Kurt, I use the 4 round caddies. But nobody has ever heard of me (or can say my last name) so it doesn't matter :ph34r: