Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any cheaper options for basepads

I'm on a tight budget and in need of glock 34 base pads 3 of them was wondering if there is a cheaper option?  I did see some no name tt knock offs from china but I am skeptical even though they look just like tt base pads

You would be better off buying 1 or 2 good named base pads than 3 cheap ones or aftermarket mags. I still think Glock makes the best Glock mags.

Buy 1 Taran, Dawson, or whatever now and get another next month.

On 7/9/2017 at 7:01 AM, rlillyskygod said:

They drop free from my glock 17

Everyone I have talked to that runs ets or p mags said they have issues with empty mags dropping free because of lack of weight

When I had my G34 I had some magpul mags and they always dropped free as long as I didn't angle the grip to horizontal while changing mags, just need to keep it a bit more vertical than what you may be used to.

3 hours ago, rooster said:

I have 7 ets mags and they all drop free.

Is there any way to add weight like maybe weight tape they use on golf clubs at the base or in the bottom of the mag you think? I bet that would help with dropping

Don't know as all mine drop free.  They will take any after market base pad and spring.  You have to use their followers.  They have a base pad and a retaining plate just like glock mags.  So I don't know how you would add weight.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 0:27 AM, Iaddrummer said:

Is there any way to add weight like maybe weight tape they use on golf clubs at the base or in the bottom of the mag you think? I bet that would help with dropping

Yes, you can buy lead tape and just give a wrap or two around the base of the mag. I keep meaning to do mine but every time I head to the store I forget to get any tape.

Edited by sam_b

• 5 months later...

I am assuming you want Plus 5 basepads?

To be honest Glock mags are dead reliable in most cases.  You could probably shoot limited successfully with one extended pad and stock mags or mags with Glock plus 2 pads.

Buy more as you can afford it.

I just read this is in Multigun but the advice still applies.

Edited by dogtired

• 6 months later...

All of my ETS mags drop free out of my gen 4 Glock 34 and I have done nothing to them.  I really like the 140s but mostly use 170s since I am using them for open in 3gun.

if you go the basepad route, do yourself a favor and go with tool less removal like the Dawson's or TTIs.  This makes cleaning them easier,

of course the ETS mags are cheap enough that I have enough that I only open and clean them after the match.  

Good luck with which ever way you go.

On 7/26/2018 at 6:33 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Someone is in a big hurry to get to 50 posts. ;) 

Yeah, homeboy's resurrecting posts from 6 months ago just to add a witty little bon mot like that. Not gonna throw anyone under the bus just out of the blue, but I'll pile on if the opportunity is there....

Now, to actually contribute: I mostly shoot CZs, and use TTI basepads for all guns they make them for. So does a buddy who mostly shoots Glocks, and I've never heard him complain. They're a tad on the spendy side... BUT I don't think I've ever paid full price for any of them. There are quite a few places that slap their own logo on them and sell them (I can think of Brownells, Noveske, and Tactical Sh!t off the top of my head, and there are probably more). All of those resellers and TTI themselves do a handful of substantial sales each year, so if you keep an eye out for those, you can usually find a pretty good deal - especially around major holidays. Site-wide markdowns of 20% to 30% are fairly common. Still a little on the expensive side, but easier to swallow.

1 hour ago, Steve133 said:

Yeah, homeboy's resurrecting posts from 6 months ago just to add a witty little bon mot like that. Not gonna throw anyone under the bus just out of the blue, but I'll pile on if the opportunity is there....

Now, to actually contribute: I mostly shoot CZs, and use TTI basepads for all guns they make them for. So does a buddy who mostly shoots Glocks, and I've never heard him complain. They're a tad on the spendy side... BUT I don't think I've ever paid full price for any of them. There are quite a few places that slap their own logo on them and sell them (I can think of Brownells, Noveske, and Tactical Sh!t off the top of my head, and there are probably more). All of those resellers and TTI themselves do a handful of substantial sales each year, so if you keep an eye out for those, you can usually find a pretty good deal - especially around major holidays. Site-wide markdowns of 20% to 30% are fairly common. Still a little on the expensive side, but easier to swallow.

Never seen a rebrand of TTI baseplates before. And for a CZ as well? I've been waiting to get a pair of extended base plates for my Shadow 2.

1 hour ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Never seen a rebrand of TTI baseplates before. And for a CZ as well? I've been waiting to get a pair of extended base plates for my Shadow 2.

The Glock and AR extensions are more common, but Tactical Sh!t at least sells their own spin on the CZ extensions (maybe other places, too, been a while since I've checked). I probably should have been a little more precise. It's not exactly a complete re-branding - they're clearly labeled and marketed as being made by TTI, there's just another logo on there in addition to (not instead of) TTI's, and there's not a substantial difference in base price.

But the crucial difference is that TTI and most other niche competition-focused retailers very rarely do promotions or sales, but some of the resellers do much more frequently. TS, for example, is doing a site-wide 15% sale right now, Brownells does 10% promo codes almost every month, and Noveske does some surprisingly deep discounts on their webstore around big holidays.

I mean... I guess that's just internet shopping 101 instead of some big revelation, but just throwing out there that the TTI extensions in particular show up a lot of places you might not think to look at first, sometimes for decent prices.