2017 Berrys USPSA Area 1 Championship

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sandbagger123 said:

great location. great range  known for putting on a great match.   just like Area 2.   weather is pretty much guarenteed nice for that time of the year.  

i hope the rumor of nationals being there next year is true 

nationals? I guess Ken might like having a smaller match sometime. :lol:

From Ken the match director:
What Next?

I'm staff for the Red Oktober Kalishnikov match starting tomorrow. So nothing happens til that is over and I'm rested and ready to deal with it. So let's plan on no earlier than Tue next week.

At that point I will start approving Area 1 residents, Foreign competitors, and past Division Champions and some sponsor slots. I'll do about 100 a day for payment and squadding. On Nov 30, I will start again down the list approving everybody else in order.

You are # 509 out of 725 and here is your match management link:

Got my vacation request in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think you're right. it would be a "if you build it, they will come" kind of thing. too bad i at one time owned 43 acres of vacant land in southern california.....

we'll see how far down the list i get when registering for area 2 i guess..... as i doubt i'll get into area 1 at 701st on the list.......

i do have family near there, maybe i'll just visit them and try to walk on....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this was posted by Ken on Facebook about 8 hours ago:

I delayed approving non Area 1 residents because of unexpected shoulder surgery (as in next day), then Hard as Hell, then a post HaH trip to D.C. / NYC.

I didn't want to do it til I could devote attention and answer problems / questions right away.

Assuming a blizzard doesn't cancel my flight home I'll start that Sunday, doing 50 a day for a couple days and then see where we are.

6 minutes ago, Rez805 said:

Negative. I'm in area two and was listed as #61 out of 725. I haven't received any email aside from the update from the MD back in October. My personal link shows that I haven't even been approved yet. Here's hoping!

I'm not going this year for medical reasons, so there's one open slot for someone. (I hate to miss it, but sometimes there are other priorities :angry:)

I was originally going to relate what ChuckS said, but he pushed the send button first.

Edited by Bkreutz

On 12/14/2016 at 4:39 PM, Signcutter said:

Has anyone outside of Area 1 received a link for payment yet?  It looks like I've been approved in practiscore but I have yet to receive any sort of email link for payment.

I am outside of Area 1 and I got a link to pay (and paid) on Nov 8.

5 hours ago, ParaOrdnanceLarry said:

Any other non-Area 1 residents get in yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Rush, Marvin Lim, Les Anderson, Lester Lam, Bart Del Rio and Dave Dunner to name a few...

From a FB post:

Ken Nelson

Just approved non-Area 1 residents into Area 1 down to registration #140.

That is about 50 shooters, give or take. I'll see how that shakes out and then tomorrow do another 50 more (at least).

I think that will get me to registration #300.

Edited by ChuckS