Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Autocomp 9mm Major Load Data

MKitzmiller

1 minute ago, Gooldylocks said:

Also: 

It's not irony, it's science.  It's definitely not BS.  Firearms and shooting sports are all about chemistry, physics, gas pressure, metallurgy, gravity, and such.  Science is about (1) developing a hypothesis about "what will work if I do this", (2) taking it out and testing it, and (3) explaining why what happened happened, and then (4) modifying the hypothesis and testing again.  If it works, it works, if not, try something else - and it's great when folks share their experiences and data with one another.  That's what we're doing here. 

Gonna just point out, shooting sports are not about any of those things. USPSA is about being accurate quickly, end of discussion. Whatever someone prefers to help them accomplish that, more power to them.  Quit with the incessant bickering and get back to the important stuff, like how to shoot A's faster.

Y'know, the nice thing about Murica is that everybody gets to have an opinion.  :rolleyes:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

My buddy likes it a lot. Put 10-10.5 behind a 115 and you should be making 170-175ish. 

Does AA7 not fill up the case as much as other powders?  Sounds like with 10+ grains, I'd be slinging powder everywhere when the press indexes.

5 minutes ago, tyler2you said:

Does AA7 not fill up the case as much as other powders?  Sounds like with 10+ grains, I'd be slinging powder everywhere when the press indexes.

All of the accurate powders are like microscopic. They are the tiniest stuff ever, literally like the size of sand at the beach. It is full, but not nearly as bad as one would expect.

7 minutes ago, tyler2you said:

Like Gooldylocks said.  Also, it's not bad on the 650 with a shell plate bearing, tightening the shell plate down until it barely rocks when I press on it, and placing the bullet in it as it's rotating to the next position, which smooths the transition.  Until I feed a shell that doesn't go all the way into the shell plate and the whole thing goes "clunk" and powder goes everywhere from stations 3 & 4 ... but that happens with anything in 9 major (except when using titegroup, of course). 

1 hour ago, teros135 said:

Like Gooldylocks said.  Also, it's not bad on the 650 with a shell plate bearing, tightening the shell plate down until it barely rocks when I press on it, and placing the bullet in it as it's rotating to the next position, which smooths the transition.  Until I feed a shell that doesn't go all the way into the shell plate and the whole thing goes "clunk" and powder goes everywhere from stations 3 & 4 ... but that happens with anything in 9 major (except when using titegroup, of course). 

Hmmm, Titegroup in 9 Major--that sounds exciting.

3 hours ago, tyler2you said:

It doesn't. It is so fine that the packing efficiency is very high. 9.0 gr of AA7 leaves plenty of room in a 9mm case whereas 9.0 gr of something like 3N38 is nearly overflowing. 

3 hours ago, tyler2you said:

Hmmm, Titegroup in 9 Major--that sounds exciting.

Gotcha.  Just trying to lighten things a little.  Anyway,  who would do that - much much less gas for the comp.

Edited by teros135

You guys are so funny. I misinterpreted one fellow shooters statement and all hell broke loose. 

Yeah teros135, I'am currently a D class open shooter in USPSA. I also have only shot about 8 USPSA matches and 6 of which were with a minor gun that didn't run for shit. 

Furthermore, I began shooting 5 months ago @ 35 years of age. So my current classification is likely to be expected in the sense that I live where a solid group of GM's dominate the nation. 

Lets go a bit further.. I've barely scratched the surface of my career in the shooting games. Come one come all if you'd like to stop running your mouth and put it on the timer. 

Next major comp I'll be at is the Hard As Hell Multi Gun in UT. Looking forward to meeting all of you on this thread! 

Last but not least, my 147's shot like a damn .22 last night at a local steel match. Gun stayed flat, and aside from my own f*#kups, the match went great!

http://www.rsscaz.com/results/tue_nite.pdf

29 minutes ago, MKitzmiller said:

You guys are so funny. I misinterpreted one fellow shooters statement and all hell broke loose. 

Yeah teros135, I'am currently a D class open shooter in USPSA. I also have only shot about 8 USPSA matches and 6 of which were with a minor gun that didn't run for shit. 

Furthermore, I began shooting 5 months ago @ 35 years of age. So my current classification is likely to be expected in the sense that I live where a solid group of GM's dominate the nation. 

Lets go a bit further.. I've barely scratched the surface of my career in the shooting games. Come one come all if you'd like to stop running your mouth and put it on the timer. 

Next major comp I'll be at is the Hard As Hell Multi Gun in UT. Looking forward to meeting all of you on this thread! 

Last but not least, my 147's shot like a damn .22 last night at a local steel match. Gun stayed flat, and aside from my own f*#kups, the match went great!

http://www.rsscaz.com/results/tue_nite.pdf

That's reasonable. :) I'll only point out that shooting with a bunch of GM's doesn't affect your classification. in USPSA you earn grade based on your performance on classifiers. unlike your stage performance the % is not ranked against the top shooter but against a set HF for the classifier. so whether you shoot with a team of D grade pensioners or team Eric Graufel it won't change your classifier % (well actually hopefully shooting with lots of GMs will make it better...).

Best of luck at HAH. I have only seen the vids but it certainly looks to live up to it's name. 

in fact one of my favourite shooting vids on the interwebs is Travis Gibson rocking the shit out of HAH2014.

if you want some pre match inspo spend the 15min or so to watch it. :)

24 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

Keep your pants on Matt, no one is challenging your manhood :)

Agreed. No one on a forum would ever compromise my manhood bud. Nevertheless, this thread has turned toward the dark side with regard to the "we've always/never done it that way" statements. The proof is in the timer and the timer has been good to me as of late. 

20 minutes ago, BeerBaron said:

That's reasonable. :) I'll only point out that shooting with a bunch of GM's doesn't affect your classification. in USPSA you earn grade based on your performance on classifiers. unlike your stage performance the % is not ranked against the top shooter but against a set HF for the classifier. so whether you shoot with a team of D grade pensioners or team Eric Graufel it won't change your classifier % (well actually hopefully shooting with lots of GMs will make it better...).

Best of luck at HAH. I have only seen the vids but it certainly looks to live up to it's name. 

in fact one of my favourite shooting vids on the interwebs is Travis Gibson rocking the shit out of HAH2014.

if you want some pre match inspo spend the 15min or so to watch it. :)

Thanks for being cordial. It's the pressure with my group that I allow to affect my head. 

HAH will be awesome.