Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Autocomp 9mm Major Load Data

MKitzmiller

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:28 PM, rpm8300 said:

124 PD HP, 6.8 WAC, Fed SPP, 1.165, Stock Trubor with T2 Comp - 169pf. 

Just FYI - we did some testing and my load is pretty temperature insensitive.  Not sure what everyone's experience is

I would definitely get it reamed. That will give you some more flexibility in load combinations.

Similar specs to the Czechmate. I've settled on 6.8gn of WAC with a 124gn Berry's. Makes 172PF in my CZ.

So you don't need to ream if you don't want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 years later...

Old thread I realize, but environment remains the same. I have been researching 9MM 124 FMJ load using Autocomp and I cannot believe many loads posted in the replies were 7.0  or more! Most manuals state around 5.4 max. Are the guns different to use WAY over recommended reloading manual's max loads?

I realize to start low and work my way up. I am not looking for a max load but want something comparable to factory loads (no I do not have a way to measure velocity). I know each gun is different, but all my 9mm kids will have to eat the same thing. So far in my testing I have gone up to 5.6g WAC (124 FMJ Armcor bullet and Winchester small Rifle primers (all I have at this time) and two of the test guns I used did not show excessive primer pressure. I am going to back this down a bit before loading about 2000 rounds. I do not want to destroy my guns but for the life of me I do not see how some are using over 7.0 grains WAC (with 124gjacketed bullets)!

Please- love to hear any replies, if not here, then gdavis223@yahoo.com

Thanks

24 minutes ago, gdavis223 said:

Old thread I realize, but environment remains the same. I have been researching 9MM 124 FMJ load using Autocomp and I cannot believe many loads posted in the replies were 7.0  or more! Most manuals state around 5.4 max. Are the guns different to use WAY over recommended reloading manual's max loads?

I realize to start low and work my way up. I am not looking for a max load but want something comparable to factory loads (no I do not have a way to measure velocity). I know each gun is different, but all my 9mm kids will have to eat the same thing. So far in my testing I have gone up to 5.6g WAC (124 FMJ Armcor bullet and Winchester small Rifle primers (all I have at this time) and two of the test guns I used did not show excessive primer pressure. I am going to back this down a bit before loading about 2000 rounds. I do not want to destroy my guns but for the life of me I do not see how some are using over 7.0 grains WAC (with 124gjacketed bullets)!

Please- love to hear any replies, if not here, then gdavis223@yahoo.com

Thanks

7.0 grains of autocomp behind a 124 is for 9 major.    Major pf is used for uspsa.    Do not I repeat DO NOT load a major load for a factory gun.     

6 hours ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

7.0 grains of autocomp behind a 124 is for 9 major.    Major pf is used for uspsa.    Do not I repeat DO NOT load a major load for a factory gun.     

I'm using 7.0gn as well. Was doing 6.8gn but after going to a few majors this yeah and it bairly made major I bumped it to 7.0. Now it's a comfortable 171PF. 

Load is 7.0gn WAC, PD 124JHP V2, 1.170 OAL, all federal HS used brass, ginex SPP. 

Gun specs are 5.0" KKM bushing barrel, D2C comp with to up ports and 2 side ports at front of comp. 

Many thanks for the replies. I've been shooting a long time but not competition and did not know what 9mm Major was. A quick internet search enlightened me. Sticking to 5.0 -5.4g Autocomp for 124g FMJ in my 9mms. There was NO way I was going to try 7.0g (and plus) but had to know why.

Thanks You