Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Fallen Brethren 3Gun Challenge

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On September 20, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Szczinator said:

Why would a 9mm only need 1 hit anywhere to neutralize regardless of the division? From what I remember, that only applied to 45s in Heavy division...

Anything with "heavy" in the division title should NOT allow 9mm...

308, 12ga, and 45! Only!

Howdy Rigger, I gonna guess you were responding to my question.   As you can see above I never said 9mm belongs in anything Heavy, and that I am ready to switch pistol calibers for the advantage of one shot one kill with the pistol, IF, that is what the rules allow.   

My question, I thought I stated it clearly, was, does the one shot on paper include with the pistol. And what caliber does the pistol have to be for Hvy Tac-ops.  It is not stated.

Rule: 6.1.1.4 Heavy Tac Ops and Heavy Metal divisions will require only 1 hit inside the scoring area to neutralize.

I'm looking for clarification of the rules.  

It's nice to know what equipment to bring so it fits your division.  I agree with you, Heavy is .308 rifle, 12a. shotgun, and __?_  caliber pistol.

On 9/20/2016 at 4:37 PM, Spartan-6 said:

I'm actually posting them tonight. A "print" button will be on each stage to allow you to print a hard copy of each stage. Great question.

-6-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any update on the stages being posted?  I'm not seeing them, but I may not be looking in the right place (http://fb3gun.com/stages).

TIA,

Tommy

On 9/20/2016 at 3:42 PM, Spartan-6 said:

** H E A V Y M E T A L **
So far we have only two shooters registered for Heavy Metal. It takes 10 for a division to 'make'. Y'all talk freely amongst yourselves and decide if 8 other shooters want to engage in the manly art. If not made by Monday, I'll contact those two shooters and have them reselect.

-6-

I'm about done. If you are not going to support a division, then don't offer it in the first place. Telling shooters 2 weeks out from the match that their chosen division isn't going to be supported is not acceptable. I got screwed at Uspsa 3gun nationals the same way this year, 2 weeks out I was told the division was dead. Unacceptable...

jj

3 hours ago, RiggerJJ said:

"If you are not going to support a division, then don't offer it in the first place."

I'm thinking it's hard to support a division if you don't offer it myself.

I'm shooting Irons, there are only 6 shooting irons, I am going to have fun beating optics. Shooting is the key word. 

Come have fun shooting!

2 questions regarding tac heavy.  

1. Has it been officially stated that tac heavy shooting 9mm pistol needs to put two rounds on target to neutralize?  The rules, as written, are not clear.  

2. Magazines for rifle cannot contain more than 20, does that mean we can start with 20 in the mag and one in the chamber?

On September 23, 2016 at 4:37 PM, RiggerJJ said:

"If you are not going to support a division, then don't offer it in the first place."

I'm thinking it's hard to support a division if you don't offer it myself.

I'm shooting Irons, there are only 6 shooting irons, I am going to have fun beating optics. Shooting is the key word. 

Come have fun shooting!

They are on the web site BUT you have to click "Stages"

On September 20, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Szczinator said:

Ok, ok, ok.... Ok,   Really looking forward to this match again.  Have always shot tac-ops before, not heavy.

Quiz time.   Rule: 6.1.1.4 Heavy Tac Ops and Heavy Metal divisions will require only 1 hit inside the scoring area to neutralize.

Is that for rifle and pistol?

Does pistol have to be a certain minimum caliber for Heavy Tac Ops for it to require only 1 hit inside the scoring area to neutralize.  Rule: 5.5.2   Handgun does not specify

a minimum caliber in rule:  5.5        Tactical Heavy Scope division.          Thank you.... Happy Trails

Still no clarification as to whether a certain caliber pistol in heavy (.45) is good for one shot on paper to neutralize.

4 hours ago, jchris4769 said:

I agree with this interpretation but the rules are vauge, at best   

Simple answer.
Only difference between heavy optics and TAC ops is 308 rifle with 20 round mags and one hit on paper. Other guns are the same as TAC ops.

The stages that are posted (only 6 of 10), the round count is (assuming two on paper)

Rifle - 77

Shotgun Bird - 63   (22 of them are optional shotgun/pistol)

Shotgun Slug - 11

Pistol - 80

So to be safe, I am doubling those numbers for actual round count and then bringing my usual 50% extra..  Hopefully that'll work..

Edited by mike_pinto