Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos Tuned Trigger Kit Pro Series 1911's

doc88

I've used the EGW Koenig Hammer kit in my Les Baers and love them but they are a LOT of work to fit and tune to the perfect trigger. Was just wondering since Brazos cuts and polishes the sear angles and fits the hammer hooks to the sear could I get a 2-2.25 light crisp trigger without 3 hours of work. Maybe just a little sear spring tuning.

I have installed 4 of the Brazos kits in the last year. I have all of them set at 1.75 lbs. and have had no issues with any of them. For me they were drop in with some sear spring tuning and required nothing else. I used the EGW or infinity disconnector with mine.

I have installed 4 of the Brazos kits in the last year. I have all of them set at 1.75 lbs. and have had no issues with any of them. For me they were drop in with some sear spring tuning and required nothing else. I used the EGW or infinity disconnector with mine.

This is what I was looking for. Thanks everyone for their response.

Quack - Not the same and easily verifiable with a little research.

I cut the hammer and sear angles on every one of these kits. The sear spring has also been tuned and I actually put it in a 2011 to test it for tension. Every gun is a little different so you may have to adjust the sear spring a little but it should be close. The sear and hammer hooks are cut to what I have found to be the middle of the tolerances for most guns from doing thousands of trigger jobs. This makes them pretty forgiving. The one thing to check is thumb safety engagement - because the hammer and sear angles have changed and you have different parts in the gun you make have to make an adjustment to the thumb safety lug that engages the sear. It can be too tight or too loose.

Edited by Brazos Custom

Quack - Not the same and easily verifiable with a little research.

I cut the hammer and sear angles on every one of these kits. The sear spring has also been tuned and I actually put it in a 2011 to test it for tension. Every gun is a little different so you may have to adjust the sear spring a little but it should be close. The sear and hammer hooks are cut to what I have found to be the middle of the tolerances for most guns from doing thousands of trigger jobs. This makes them pretty forgiving. The one thing to check is thumb safety engagement - because the hammer and sear angles have changed and you have different parts in the gun you make have to make an adjustment to the thumb safety lug that engages the sear. It can be too tight or too loose.

Thank you Bob for the explanation. I actually ordered one of your kits today. Looking forward to installing it and shooting.