Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why don't we have "2 gun" competitions?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look up 2-gun action matches. Pistol and rifle with a lot of cardio in the match. Like, throw a kettle bell and shoot from where it lands until you get down to a line. I've been trying to talk my local range guru to make it happen...to many people say any apparently.

This guy has got you covered.

TMAC K Bell Balance

• 2 months later...

Have been putting on 2 gun matches (rifle & pistol) since 2014 in Corpus Christi. The shooters love it and we all just shoot plenty of rounds. I make it rimfire friendly.

We use pracitscore for the match set up. Use the time plus scoring. it's a hoot.

IMVHO

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

How about 4 gun pistol revolver shotgun rifle? I will shoot any match... not so much IDPA but the more guns the better..but just about any match will do for me!

Darn! I was hoping by "2 Gun" you meant a pistol in each hand!

I realize this is old, but to the two of you, SASS does use 4 firearms in all stages, and the Gunfighter class lets you use two pistols at once.

2 gun matches sort of exist now in USPSA. Buy a PCC, and shoot it and your handgun at any match. I'm considering doing that. I think I can get a sub 2000 that uses my M&P magazines, so I won't need to change belt gear. Just geta few huge mag extensions and change mags depending on the gun in my hand. Extended mags for PCC and shorter for Carry Optics. But I want to see someone shoot PCC before I spend the $ on the gun and optic.

• 3 weeks later...

2 gun matches are less popular because they only have 66.66% of the fun of 3 gun matches.

That's a statistical fact!

The local 3 gun I shoot is heavy on pistol & shotgun, we barely run 30 rounds of carbine per match. If the equip. load is too heavy, quit yer bitchin and get a cart or go find a sherpa.

• 4 weeks later...