Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Availability

jstoos

Does anybody have any idea how long the wait is right now ordering from JP? I don't want to waste anybody's time calling. My plan is to sell my current rifle and use that money for a down payment on a CTR 02. I would like know if I will have a rifle by April for 3 gun?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JP isn't committing to delivery dates right now, but most places are backed up 6 months. JP was 3 months before the insanity broke loose. I would anticipate they are backed up a good 8-10 months right now. Maybe more. If you want to have a rifle in time for matches in April, you better start shopping the classifieds or build one.

I too was able to acquire one of the last JP barrels from Shooters Connection and an LMOS carrier on 12-28, the last available as far as I know. On 1-4-13 I paid for a JP-15 in full and the build entered the queue. They are focusing on lowers for obvious reasons if paid in full and then will work on uppers. I am picking up the lower this morning from the FFL (it arrived yesterday), 3 weeks have passed. How far out the upper is I have no idea. Hope this info. helps in your decision.

A friend here spoke with JP yesterday regarding removing a bloop tube from his upper and they said they wont take any new customer work for 6 mos. I don't know how this translates to new builds, but I think your April date in unlikely. Just my opinion, of course. Good luck.

You might want to check Chris patty's website CPWSA.com, as of yesterday they had at least 5 uppers, some complete and others not, in stock. They also had a few compete rifles. There are a lot of JP components that are used in combination with Chris's barrels and a mid length gas system. Look like really good quality AR's if you did not want to wait and needed a rifle now

There is a CTR02 on gunbroker for $3800....lol.

Still seems very cheap compared for what we pay for our CTR-02s here, once dealer gets his share, import duties, tax, VAT etc. :(

Over 5.000 USD here...

Considering you overtake a one year waiting list, it's not bad.

Edited by 3-Gun Sweden

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...