Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems or Bugs with new Software

benos

Looks great on the PC

I don't know if there is another way to view it but it's no so good on the Iphone anymore.

All that I see is a list of the forums. No option link to view new posts. Screen looks entirely different on the iphone now than it does on the PC. It used to be identical.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the forum title has been modified from the normal one supplied. I think there is supposed to be a link to 'My Assistant' which is not showing.

The My Assistant has options to view the latest posts which is maybe how it is supposed to be used on a mobile device.

I think that the forum title has been modified from the normal one supplied. I think there is supposed to be a link to 'My Assistant' which is not showing.

The My Assistant has options to view the latest posts which is maybe how it is supposed to be used on a mobile device.

I didn't see anything there to help with the mobile. Not all of the items on the menu bar are there.

Is there any way to "go to first unread post" in a thread drectly from our watched topics pages (like there is from the main page of individual forums)... ?

I never watch topics so not sure... But, if a watched topic link appears like a regular topic in the forum, there will be small orangish-red arrow just to the left of the topic title, clicking it will take you to the first unread post.

be

I use Firefox and with the old format, when I clicked on a link in a post, it opened a new window for that link, which I liked. The new format uses the same window, so if I go to the link and into that page 2 or 3 levels, my only option to get back here is hit the "back" button a few times. A PIA to deal with when before I could just close the new window and be back on the forums with one click. Is there a remedy that I don't know about for this?

Thanks,

Alan~^~

I use Firefox and with the old format, when I clicked on a link in a post, it opened a new window for that link, which I liked. The new format uses the same window, so if I go to the link and into that page 2 or 3 levels, my only option to get back here is hit the "back" button a few times. A PIA to deal with when before I could just close the new window and be back on the forums with one click. Is there a remedy that I don't know about for this?

Thanks,

Alan~^~

You might poke around in your settings, to see if there's something there on the forums tab that you can change....

Alternately, if you have a scrollwheel on your mouse, you can click on a link with the wheel, and open the link in a new tab, or right click and select open in new tab.......

I did see something that really can't be considered a bug, but may be a loss of functionality... When I used to type in the forum, I'd hit the back button to refer to the post previous and then hit forward and keep typing my reply. Now when you go forward again you can see what you just typed, but can no longer type in text. I used that a lot and it will be missed if I can't find a way to work around it.

It was useful when you wanted to pick up key point from more than one post....

JT

Edited by JThompson

Brian, I seem to recall that you put something on the forums that stopped the content from being searched via Google. Is that still in place ?

That's funny I used to use Google when I had a hard time searching the forum.. google would usually find it and lead me to the correct thread. I understand your concern though.

Edited by JThompson

I set max topics/page and max post/page to 50. It does display 50 posts per page but not 50 topics/page. Is this just me?

Thanks!

Ok .. not a software error, but a carbon unit error, I just can't fin where to change this.. looked all through Control Panel. but still missing it.

Go into Settings

Select Forums

Use the drop down menus under these titles:

• Number of posts to show for each topic page: Use forum default 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 50
  • Number of topics to show for each forum page: Use forum default 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 50

In my profile I get the message "has not set their status"

What am I supposed to do with that?

The photo in my profile is covered up by text (the tabs for post/topics etc)

Also, PM's are not coming thru.

Is this all just 'growing pains'? Or am I doing something incorrectly?

Yes, I cleared cookies, signed out, back in etc.

You can change the status message to anything you want, it's just freeform text. I just left mine at the default.

You may need to resubmit your photo and resize it to 150x150. That may have been the default with the old forum and perhaps that setting has to be reset with the new setup. But if you upload a picture of the correct size then should show normally.

PM's are having issues at the moment but check the Settings and make sure that you don't have the Message disabled:

Personal Messenger Options

• Disable my personal messenger
    If you disable your personal messenger, you will not be able to start or participate in personal conversations.

I set max topics/page and max post/page to 50. It does display 50 posts per page but not 50 topics/page. Is this just me?

Thanks!

Are there 50 topics in that forum? If so, I'm stumped....

Maybe the options don't do what I thought. I set both the posts/page and the topic/page to 50. If a thread has more than 50 posts- I get to see 50/page- nice! If I go view new posts since last visit (View New Ctent) I can't get 50/page when there are more than 50 new posts. I thought that was "topics/page"?

I just checked.... I think I am wrong. I wish there was a way to increase the amount of new content threads/page.... when I go away for a long time and there are 150 new/updated threads... it would be nice to have 3 pages to click on instead of 6 for example.

Edited by lugnut

Thanks!

Are there 50 topics in that forum? If so, I'm stumped....

Maybe the options don't do what I thought. I set both the posts/page and the topic/page to 50. If a thread has more than 50 posts- I get to see 50/page- nice! If I go view new posts since last visit (View New Content) I can't get 50/page when there are more than 50 new posts. I thought that was "topics/page"?

Pretty sure topics refers to topics in an individual forum --- i.e. if you weren't using "View New Posts" to read....

Maybe the options don't do what I thought. I set both the posts/page and the topic/page to 50. If a thread has more than 50 posts- I get to see 50/page- nice! If I go view new posts since last visit (View New Content) I can't get 50/page when there are more than 50 new posts. I thought that was "topics/page"?

I don't think it counts as a Topic, rather the View New Content is the results of a search.