Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems or Bugs with new Software

benos

Before posting any sort of bug, problem, or log-in problems -

Clear your browser's cache and delete all brianenos.com cookies.

If you're not sure how to do that there is helpful info here.

Also - if you post a bug or problem in this thead -

Include that you have cleared your browser's cache and brianenos.com cookies in your post.

Including that in your post massively cuts down on the Admin's legwork.

Doing the above should automatically log you out. If it doesn't, log out and log in again.

be

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I deleted my cache, cookies, temp. internet files, etc. and logged back in but all the messages I had in my inbox before the upgrade are still gone.

All everyone's messages will be back real soon, as soon as I figure out how to run a script that will restore them.

I'll post when I've done that.

be

Lots of really cool new features with this upgrade .. Few things I noticed, my post count just went up about 140 posts ?? And what is setting my status on the top on my profile, status not set as of now ??

No ? Wait a minute, my post count is right ?? but there is another # in my profile under "active posts" ??

Edited by P.Pres

I know there are a few bugs to work through, but I'm already seeing good things from this upgrade.  A big thanks to Brian for taking the time to do it, and putting up with all of our headaches.

:cheers:

Here here .... I'll put up with a little blank white space for a while. The upgrades are already very noticeable. Thanks Brian. ;)

In the far upper-right of the listing is a small phrase "Mark all items as read", and at the bottom of the page is a link to "Mark Board as Read". Either one should clear the post lists.

That's the way it used to be for me, but they're not visible right now. I've looked all around on the taop and on the bottom, and I can't see anything.

Sorry to be dim!

Edited to say: Never Mind! My husband found it for me! I was looking for it too far away from the particular forum!

Thanks much!

Edited by Benelli Chick

I believe I deleted all cookies and whatnot. But, I am unable to connect to the links to prior posts attached in the current "how do I call shots" post in Handgun Techniques -- just takes me to the main page. In fact, same thing happened when I clicked BENOS's "click here to delete cookies" link.

-br

Is it just me or does everything seem to load just a bit faster than before, it's seems snappier ;)

It may be just a tad snappier overall. I still have a few bugs to sort out but overall I'm really happy with the upgrade.

Especially the PM's new "conversational feature". It's way cool - keeps "conversations" in a thread (like a forum thread). And you can invite others into the conversation/thread.

be

I believe I deleted all cookies and whatnot. But, I am unable to connect to the links to prior posts attached in the current "how do I call shots" post in Handgun Techniques -- just takes me to the main page. In fact, same thing happened when I clicked BENOS's "click here to delete cookies" link.

-br

Some of those links are direct links to other pages, but some are search_links. ie. they run the search engine which has now changed, so that may explain why those links do not work. I just tried that topic and the direct links worked but the post by BENOS that linked to a search won't work.

Is there any way to "go to first unread post" in a thread drectly from our watched topics pages (like there is from the main page of individual forums)... ? unsure.gif

I always wished there was a way to do that...

Also, is there a faster way to get to our Watched Topics than: Clicking the user menu drop-down, then selecting My Settings > then Forums > and then clicking Manage Watched Topics?

Edited by Xfactor

I figured how to execute a command line "rebuild Pms" script. It's running, but it looks like it might run all night.

So I'm going to check out for a while. A (REAL GOOD) friend delivered a fifth of single malt / twin-cask Aberlour Scotch today. Never even hear of it must less tasted it. I won't be abel so say that tomorrow.

:)

be

Is there any way to "go to first unread post" in a thread drectly from our watched topics pages (like there is from the main page of individual forums)... ? unsure.gif

I always wished there was a way to do that...

Also, is there a faster way to get to our Watched Topics than: Clicking the user menu drop-down, then selecting My Settings > then Forums > and then clicking Manage Watched Topics?

The odds are pretty good that functionality will return as soon as the new forum remembers that you read something....

I've clicked on a lot of threads tonight to start at the first post, but any that I've clicked into a second time have taken me to the last unread post....

So the board memory of what each user has already read was lost, and needs to be rebuilt through use....