Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

U.S. IPSC Nationals

I would love to shoot this match in Revolver division. Does our USPSA class count, and do we shoot in revolver division in GM,M,A,B,C,D class? Or do we need a IPCS classification and those of us that don't all shoot unclassified? Also, Richard please change our NC Section, this match looks to good and big to pass up!!!

USPSA classifications do not count. If you have an IPSC classification, we do use those, but the reality is that so few shooters in the US have IPSC classifications, so that essentially, nearly everyone is unclassified. There are usually not enough shooters in a class to give out class awards (note minimum numbers in Appendix A2 of IPSC handgun rules).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 US IPSC Nationals Statistician

Might be a good time for local clubs to consider IPSC Classification matches... MCRC has held them in the past.

Jack,

Point me in the direction of how to do this please. I have wanted to run an IPSC match to get classified for over a year now, and I can't wait for this match.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a good time for local clubs to consider IPSC Classification matches... MCRC has held them in the past.

Jack, you can certainly try .... but it may be rather pointless. We held an IPSC classifier match here in Ohio prior to the 2009 IPSC nationals And even though we had a great time it was all for nothing. IPSC never acknowledged receipt of our submitted classifiers, so none of us received our classification.

Even had Rob Boudrie try to help.

But it never hurts to try. :)

Jack, you can certainly try .... but it may be rather pointless. We held an IPSC classifier match here in Ohio prior to the 2009 IPSC nationals And even though we had a great time it was all for nothing. IPSC never acknowledged receipt of our submitted classifiers, so none of us received our classification.

Even had Rob Boudrie try to help.

But it never hurts to try. :)

Chris,

Wonder why they didn't recognize your scores? We did one right before the 05 World Shoot (or it might have been 07) and our scores were recognized. We do need to look into that to see why it was not picked up. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jack

Jack,

It might be difficult to hold a Classifier Match simply based on the criteria IPSC gives -

1) For a Division to qualify it must have at least 10 competitors.

2) The Division must have at least 30% of its competitors already classified.

3) Competitors must have an IPSC Alias and be flagged for classification in the match to have the overall match results count and their ICS classification updated.

I mean, you might get the 10 competitors for Open and Production, even Revolver with a little notice and some "show up or else" recruiting. But I doubt the 30% criteria would be met.

It really is looking like IPSC wants to be an exclusive club, and basically never get new members. You cant get classified unless 30 % are all ready classified ? So how do they ever expect to gain clubs and shooters with rules like this ? No wonder we broke away from them.

Jack,

It might be difficult to hold a Classifier Match simply based on the criteria IPSC gives -

1) For a Division to qualify it must have at least 10 competitors.

2) The Division must have at least 30% of its competitors already classified.

3) Competitors must have an IPSC Alias and be flagged for classification in the match to have the overall match results count and their ICS classification updated.

I mean, you might get the 10 competitors for Open and Production, even Revolver with a little notice and some "show up or else" recruiting. But I doubt the 30% criteria would be met.

It really is looking like IPSC wants to be an exclusive club, and basically never get new members. You cant get classified unless 30 % are all ready classified ? So how do they ever expect to gain clubs and shooters with rules like this ? No wonder we broke away from them.

I think with those guidelines they are referring to Level II and Level III matches ....... not the club level where the Classifier matches are held.

If anybody wants to discuss IPSC or USPSA policy (or pit USPSA vs IPSC), Brian's Forum is NOT the place to do so.

And, it doesn't even come close to belonging in a match announcements thread.

Please don't drift the thread.

- Admin.

I shot the IPSC Nationals last year in Ohio and I thought it was pretty cool. The stages were great, designed really well, and nobody was there that didn't want to be there. I like shooting at MCRC, they really know how to do a match, I am sure this will be a great, well run match. I think it's important for the future of our competition teams and all shooters to be familiar with IPSC rules and competition. This is one way of doing it. The other is to travel to Europe and South American and Asia to shoot IPSC matches. I am glad we have USPSA and it was smart to make American rules-however that is another topic. Come down and shoot this match. It will be fun.

• 3 months later...

Linda,

Do we need to have an alias before we register?

No. It is not a requirement for the match. That can be left blank.

If you have an alias, it needs to be linked to your USPSA number (using the USPSA website). You select it first on the IPSC website, then add it to the USPSA site. If anyone needs help with that, please email me off forum at LChico@msn.com

Linda Chico (L-2035)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Match website is now completed. Application, Hotels, Travel information, Maps, and links to rules and policies.

http://www.lchico5u.com/ipsc.html

Linda Chico (L-2035)

The map link does not work for me and I don't see address of the range anywhere. Anyone have something I can punch into my GPS?

Thanks.

Linda, sign on to uspsa.org using your uspsa number and password to your profile. Then click "club support" and then select "match results upload". On the resulting page, pulldown the "match pulldown" where it defaults to "Local Match" and select "U.S. IPSC Nationals" at the bottom of the list. That I'm guessing should do it.

Edited by wgnoyes

Congrats to all the winners. :cheers:

My thanks go out to all of the personal who helped run this excellent match. Great staff, stages and weather all combined to make this match a huge success. This was my first IPSC match and it was a fun one.

So, once again, thanks Jack and all the others. :cheers:

Jason

I just got back and this was a great match. The stages were great as well, and the range is amazing!!! Thank you to Linda Chico and Jack for organazing such cool event. I also wanted to thank the staff, you all are GREAT, thank you!!! :bow: