Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for 9mm 124gr Hornady action pistol bullets

Blaster

The HAPs that you seek are either 121 or 125 grain and have been unavailable for several months now. Even the XTPs are scarce, and that's only a more expensive version of pretty much the same bullet. The HAP is simply an XTP without the expansion cuts on the nose. Both are very accurate, but I've had HAPs on backorder for months at 4 different places and the delivery date keeps getting set back further and further. With the shooting season about to get underway, I wish you luck in your search, 'cause I know that several of us have the HAP 125s on order.

Get in line! :roflol:

Alan~^~

save yourself a lot of hassle and just bulk order Montanna Gold or Precision Delta, if your local was actually an "Expert" he would have told you that. HAPS are good but Montana Golds are just as good, cheaper and readily available.

Uh, if you are shooting farther than 35yds and want accuracy then the MG bullet aint gonna cut it. I shoot cases of MGs and love them, but for long range accuracy you need the jhp bullets from Hornady or Sierra. Bullet quality matters at farther distances, and there is a 3-4in difference between the Hornady jhps and the MG jhps at 50yds.

Just food for thought.....

DougC

Uh, if you are shooting farther than 35yds and want accuracy then the MG bullet aint gonna cut it. I shoot cases of MGs and love them, but for long range accuracy you need the jhp bullets from Hornady or Sierra. Bullet quality matters at farther distances, and there is a 3-4in difference between the Hornady jhps and the MG jhps at 50yds.

Just food for thought.....

DougC

+1 :cheers:

The Hornady's are the most accurate out of my M&P Pro, closely followed by Zero, 125 grain, .356, jhp. Both shoot pretty much the same out of my open guns. The Montana Golds don't come close to the accuracy of the Hornady's, or Zero's out of my pistols!

• 6 months later...

The Hornady's are the most accurate out of my M&P Pro, closely followed by Zero, 125 grain, .356, jhp. Both shoot pretty much the same out of my open guns. The Montana Golds don't come close to the accuracy of the Hornady's, or Zero's out of my pistols!

RH45, Can I ask the specifics of your load?

I have a case of the 125gr .356 HAP's available to me but my Pro likes the PD 147 fmjtc's.

I have not had good results with the few 124gr bullets or factory loads that I have tried.