Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VA-MD Section Match 5/21-5/23 2010

Few questions... It looks like I may be able to make it last minute. I have relatives in Lorton that I can stay with and it looks like it's an hour from the range. I read the match book but it doesn't have a squad schedule in there that shows when squads shoot, unless I missed it. When you guys say half-day format, I'm assuming squads shoot half the match saturday, then half the match sunday? I would want to shoot all stages Saturday if possible. The other questions, someone mentioned traffic. If I sign up for 8AM start on saturday (looks liek there's slots available), how is the traffic 6am saturday going south?

Hopefully I can get my app out in the mail today, I'm stoked I can actually shoot out of state for the first time!

Thanks for any replies!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. 9 stages, 1/2 of one day. Squads are fairly small and you'll get warm and stay warm.

There's no need to be concerned about traffic at 6am. Towards the late afternoon it will start to build on a Saturday.

S.

Few questions... It looks like I may be able to make it last minute. I have relatives in Lorton that I can stay with and it looks like it's an hour from the range. I read the match book but it doesn't have a squad schedule in there that shows when squads shoot, unless I missed it. When you guys say half-day format, I'm assuming squads shoot half the match saturday, then half the match sunday? I would want to shoot all stages Saturday if possible. The other questions, someone mentioned traffic. If I sign up for 8AM start on saturday (looks liek there's slots available), how is the traffic 6am saturday going south?

Hopefully I can get my app out in the mail today, I'm stoked I can actually shoot out of state for the first time!

Thanks for any replies!

Half day means you shoot the entire match in half a day. It is nine stages.

Sorry, one last question. I haven't shot out of state before, and I just need to make sure since I know matches may or may not have differences. In the match book, it states stages are open to inspection if a squad isn't shooting or getting ready to shoot. Does this include Friday evening after the ROs are done shooting? Thanks. :)

Stages are starting to hit the ground, several done with the rest scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday. I was going to take some pictures, but it was raining like crazy Monday and Tuesday.

The good news is the weather looks much better for the weekend, so no monsoons or record hot temps this year!

Still, if your coming be prepared for the heat, the cold, and possible rain, because it is, after all, the VA-MD Section!

See you on the range this weekend!

Shot the match on Friday and had a great time. Awesome stages-challenging, made you think and not a lot of no shoots (which for me is a good thing). Thanks to all that put this match on. Also, thanks for letting us shoot it on Friday as some of us have to work all weekend :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Thanks to all who put on a great match. Awesome mix of targets with lots of movement and options. The most fun sanctioned match I've shot all year. Rain wasn't too bad Saturday afternoon. ROs very professional throughout too. Great group of shooters on squad 25. Really enjoyed shooting with all of you.

GB

I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to Lew, Seth, Jeff and all of the RO's, stats staff and set up crew for another great Section match at Fredericksburg. You guys worked your butt's off to put on a really fun match. I also really appreciate the request to hold off the rain for the Sunday morning squads :D

I had a great time shooting with everyone on Squad 38. It's always a pleasure.

It was a great match! Well run and excellent stages. Cheers to all of the staff. :cheers:

The only thing I'd like to have changed was my performance on Stage 1! :sick:

Oh well, leaves my a lot of room to inprove!

Rob

Edited by Rob Tompkins

This was a super match! My first time up here . . .

Great staff and match management.

I'll be there for the next as well as Area 8.

All stages challenging.

All stages fun but 0ne. .(1)

A nightmare for me last night and this am, sigh . . . .

As always Lew and Crew put together a really great match. good stages, great staff, no rain and on-site parking with electric and water. Definitely worth the price of admission.

We'll be back.

Jim Norman

As one of the RO's on stage 3 all weekend long, a big THANK YOU goes out to all the open shooters for the ringing that I am still hearing at 1:30 in the morning on Monday! :) Seriously, it was great seeing all the shooters having a good time and keeping the stage moving by helping out between shooters. It makes the 2 days in the sun/rain worth it. Everyone should support a match by helping to work one even if it is a local match. I hope to see everyone at a future match.

-mike-

p.s. they left most of the props up on stages 3-8 for the next local match so we will get to have some more fun in a couple of weeks.

I would like to point out a junior shooter for an outstanding job. Lee Wills 10 yo, this young man showed outstanding discipline with gun handling during his run on stage two. Reloads, malfunction clearings, transitions and movement. I make it a point to pay attention when junior shooters shine in our sport. He stood out considerably. Great attitude and motivation. Thanks Lee, it was an honor having you shoot on our stage. H!

I would like to point out a junior shooter for an outstanding job. Lee Wills 10 yo, this young man showed outstanding discipline with gun handling during his run on stage two. Reloads, malfunction clearings, transitions and movement. I make it a point to pay attention when junior shooters shine in our sport. He stood out considerably. Great attitude and motivation. Thanks Lee, it was an honor having you shoot on our stage. H!

Harry,

Great job on High B and 9th overall. Congrats :cheers:

Flyin

I'm bummed I wasn't able to make it. Hope everyone had fun.

What??? After all of the post's and scrambling on your part...what happened? You missed a good time.

Some things came up that required me to be home for the weekend. I'm hoping to make A8.

Well that stinks. A8 should be a good time too. Dont forget about the big match in York also. I need to check but I believe it is in September. Either way register now as I hear it is filling up fast.