Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 23

CMV

$450 is about the going rate right now for that. $400 would be a good deal. With the bevy of Departments (3 in the last week, 12 so far this month) switching away from Glocks, and the Gen 4 hitting the streets in February, I expect to see the price of used Gs drop about $100 across the board this spring. Cabelas had used G23s, G22s, and G17s last month for $369, w/night sights. Add to that the fact that for $25 you can join GSSF and get a Glock for $398 and used night sights are going for about $35.

...With the bevy of Departments (3 in the last week, 12 so far this month) switching away from Glocks...

Is that local, or national? What are they switching to?

I hear (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96961 that OMB Express, a big Glock vendor, is switching their stock to S&W, and am just wondering how big a trend this is, and how it came about.

...With the bevy of Departments (3 in the last week, 12 so far this month) switching away from Glocks...

Is that local, or national? What are they switching to?

I hear (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96961 that OMB Express, a big Glock vendor, is switching their stock to S&W, and am just wondering how big a trend this is, and how it came about.

DEA authorized S&Ws earlier this year, but other than that, not aware of any National LEAs that dropped Glock this year. I beleive that somewhere in the range of 50 LEAs that issue weapons have dropped Glock in 2009. Detroit for instance, (S&W Press release: http://ir.smith-wesson.com/phoenix.zhtml?c...&highlight=]S&W ) got a pretty good deal from S&W that appears to have been driven, in large part, by the promise of better customer service. Detroit also had a a few rather highly publicised officer accidents with Glocks. It looks like a pretty big trend considering that almost 70% of PDs either issued or authorized Glocks at one point. S&W is picking up several, but some of the Glock droppers are going to other brands.

My read of the press release is that the chief, who is a political hack, stressed "The M&P pistol was also noted for its ambidextrous controls and the ability to customize the grip size of the pistol to each officer's preference." Both items have been noted by Glock But Glock has an average backorder of 60,000 units and S&W is offering major deals in hopes press releases can increase their stock market price. In looking at the S&W design I fail to see any safety features that would make it safer for police officers, stupid is as stupid does. The release also mentioned the 350 AR15's being purchased so it was a combo deal. DEA may have authorized S&W's but Office Of Homeland Security, Customs & Border Patrol Air Interdiction units are equipped with H&K pistols & AR's so goverment alphabet soup agencies carry what purchasing agents get good deals for. The question that is still hard to understand is why it has taken Smith & Wesson so long to come up with a police weapon for a cartridge that has their name on it in the first place.

There probably wouldn't be a 40S&W now if the FBI hadn't jumped on the idea of the 10MM as a replacement for the failure of the 9MM to be a 1 shot manstopper (Miami). Only to discover their agents couldn't hold on to the gun because of the increased cartridge length. Hence a 40 caliber cartridge with a 9mm length was designed and 9mm guns had 40S&W barrels installed. For whatever reason the Glock design handled the change over best and cops every where wanted what the FBI said was the best thing since sliced bread. I am not ready to totally commit to S&W until I see if the management will stand up to the next President who thinks we shoud defend this country with words.

Moderator Mode:

Let's keep this on topic (value of a G23 etc.) and not of a political nature please. The 40 S&W debate has gone on for too many years and needn't be debated here. And we sure don't need to be dragging corporate management vs. the President stuff into this forum.

Thanks!

Kevin

Forum Moderating Team

• 3 weeks later...
$475 to $500 here in CO, mostly depending on the cosmetic wear from holstering and the like. $450 would be the price for a fast sale.

The site that I like best is called RR Arms. Along with Buds, it has great prices. RR Arms has a Glock 23 with night sights for 539.

P.S. Check this site out

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Glock_22.html

Edited by jkatz44

$475 to $500 here in CO, mostly depending on the cosmetic wear from holstering and the like. $450 would be the price for a fast sale.

Jensen Arms in Loveland, CO sells the Gen 3 NIB for $499.

It seems that a used one can be easily found for right around $450 but I have also seen quite a few go for under $400.

Edited by Cy Soto