Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championships and 3 Gun Nation affiliation

This isnt the appropriate forum or thread for pot stirring. If you have a serious question or comment concerning equipment or rules you can contact the MD- "BigBear, or the Range Master- ABN_RGR

This thread was the first I'd heard of Tac-Iron changing. Normally I stay out of these things, but this change really upsets me. My apologies if this is not the appropriate thread to debate. Not sure which thread is or was, but it sounds like it's too late anyway.

...and, with all due respect, defending Tac-Iron is not pot-stirring.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isnt the appropriate forum or thread for pot stirring. If you have a serious question or comment concerning equipment or rules you can contact the MD- "BigBear, or the Range Master- ABN_RGR

This thread was the first I'd heard of Tac-Iron changing. Normally I stay out of these things, but this change really upsets me. My apologies if this is not the appropriate thread to debate. Not sure which thread is or was, but it sounds like it's too late anyway.

...and, with all due respect, defending Tac-Iron is not pot-stirring.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110320

Unfortunately we cant please everyone.

The match rules states, "11.4 Each division must have at least 10 (ten) competitors."

I'm planning on shooting in the Heavy Metal Division so I'm wondering if there is 10 competitors in that division yet. If not, does the Tactical Irons Divison have 10 competitors yet?

The match rules states, "11.4 Each division must have at least 10 (ten) competitors."

I'm planning on shooting in the Heavy Metal Division so I'm wondering if there is 10 competitors in that division yet. If not, does the Tactical Irons Divison have 10 competitors yet?

Ohhhhh no you don't Jomar! you ain't jumping divisions! are ya gettin skeered or sompin??? :sight:

jj

Ohhhhh no you don't Jomar! you ain't jumping divisions! are ya gettin skeered or sompin??? :sight:

jj

Oh no, not this "City Cat". :P

I just want to make sure there's enough of us Heavy Metal guys.

By the way, got my JP now and am absolutely in love. No if I can only be as good as it is.

jj

By the way, got my JP now and am absolutely in love. No if I can only be as good as it is.

.....thats "city kitty" Jomar..... :roflol:

jj

.....thats "city kitty" Jomar..... :roflol:

mare_machine_gun_cat1.jpg

That is a good question??? will we know how many competitors are signed up so we can at least make an adjustment before departing from our domiciles??? :surprise:

I would hate to find out too late. It also affects 3Gnation points standings.

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

I asked the question about HM last week. I will make #9. I originally signed up for tac irons, but as I've been shooting the mouse gun the last couple local matches I just can't get use to the little thing. :)

Edited by Bryan 45

I agree. This could cause some problems if folks show up to shoot a division and find

only 7-9 competitors. Then only have the choice of shooting in a division their equipment

is less suited.

I signed up for HM Optic. There were 8 as of last week. Maybe I will just bring gear for

switching to something else just in case......

Craig

As of today I have;

TI-21

HI-11

HO-9

If Rule 11.4 is applied due to a shortage, everyone will be notified by email, Enos posts, and Facebook posts one week prior. Is that enough time for everyone? Really only looks like we need one more shooter to be "gtg".

Sooooo........ who's got a buddy that wants to shoot HO's?

I have another shooter who said he's shooting HO that hasn't sent me his app yet. (not mentioning any names but you got that app mailed yet Aaron?)

Edited by Big Bear

As of today I have;

TI-21

HI-11

HO-9

If Rule 11.4 is applied due to a shortage, everyone will be notified by email, Enos posts, and Facebook posts one week prior. Is that enough time for everyone? Really only looks like we need one more shooter to be "gtg".

I have another shooter who said he's shooting HO that hasn't sent me his app yet. (not mentioning any names but you got that app mailed yet Aaron?)

Works for me, Kirk. Thanks.

Craig

I am currently signed up for TO, I will be changing to TI, I could also shoot HO if that would make the difference of dropping that class or not,and if the MD would allow shooting 2 classes.

Don't anybody worry , I'll be lucky to finish in the top 70% :ph34r: of any class :roflol:

As of today I have;

TI-21

HI-11

HO-9

i don't know who Aaron is, but i wish he would sign up. i would hate to have to stay home.

:cheers:

I wouldn't mind shooting HO, but I don't have time to load enough rounds and to set zero before the match. Besides, I would really prefer to shoot a few local matches before showing up with untried/untested gear!

I will try to make every effort for 2011 to shoot HO. After everything I went through to get my LR308 going....I want to shoot it.......bad.

a couple of questions regarding equipment for HM-Irons.

Are any type of Mechanical sights allowed? I have a Redfield Palma rear peep sight on my rifle.

Are rifle magazines only allowed 20rounds in them? I have a couple of 30 rounders but will only use 20 rounds in them.

thanks, Trapr