Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championships and 3 Gun Nation affiliation

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious if you arrive early the day before if you can walk around and see the stages or are they too spread out? This will be my first match requiring slugs (since I just started 3gun this year). Without going into great detail about this match specifically, generally what type of scenarios are encountered with slugs? Do you have to plan your round count where you may have two birdshot targets, then need two slugs, and back to birdshot? I appreciate any feedback. Looking forward to this one. I think one of the reasons I got so hooked on 3gun is because it is so dynamic. It really is a thinking game among other things.

I'm just curious if you arrive early the day before if you can walk around and see the stages or are they too spread out? This will be my first match requiring slugs (since I just started 3gun this year). Without going into great detail about this match specifically, generally what type of scenarios are encountered with slugs? Do you have to plan your round count where you may have two birdshot targets, then need two slugs, and back to birdshot? I appreciate any feedback. Looking forward to this one. I think one of the reasons I got so hooked on 3gun is because it is so dynamic. It really is a thinking game among other things.

yes, birdshot-slugs-birdshot is entirely possible. Last year you had to go back and forth, or slug-birdshot-slugs is possible too, just depends on sequence you want to shoot it.

yes, birdshot-slugs-birdshot is entirely possible. Last year you had to go back and forth, or slug-birdshot-slugs is possible too, just depends on sequence you want to shoot it.

You all will be able to see the stages on Thursday. Just be advised, the RO's will be shooting at that time. The slugs will be mixed in with bird shot, but not all the time.

So...........Big Bear,

What are your entries looking like ????

I'm just glad we're not both on the same weekend as last year. I unfortunately won't be able to attend your fine match (I have to set mine up) but I invite you guys to come down to the Mississippi 3-gun Challenge the weekend after your match.

I haven't spoken to Linda since the Shotgun Championship in Kentucky last weekend, but she said she had several entries already. I expect to fill my match though.

Good luck with yours, Sounds fun. Wish I could make it.

Hopalong

MS 3-gun Challenge MD

We're a rollin' along pretty good. More prizes, more shooters, it's gonna be a blast (Right Chad?). Sorry you won't be here Hop. I'm gonna try to make yours. My wife wanted to take a vacation in Florida this year, so I told her I couldn't go until after our match was over, and that we had to drive. Isn't Mississippi on the way to Floria? :-) So if everything works out I'll be seein' ya.

We're a rollin' along pretty good. More prizes, more shooters, it's gonna be a blast (Right Chad?). Sorry you won't be here Hop. I'm gonna try to make yours. My wife wanted to take a vacation in Florida this year, so I told her I couldn't go until after our match was over, and that we had to drive. Isn't Mississippi on the way to Floria? :-) So if everything works out I'll be seein' ya.

We may have to have the traditional "Last Shot" again......I bet the Nordic guys stick around for it this time!!!

Last shot?

Tannerite. :)

Chad I would love to shoot this again.

It will all really depend on the weather and harvest. Hopefully there is at least one slot for the last minute. :)

The last shot is a time honored tradition in some military matches and Perry. I believe that the last shot is fired to let every one know the ranges are cold for the day. We just like to do ours BIG!!!! If anyone has something fun to blow up, bring it down. Last year we blew up a nice floor safe. Greg, we may still have you draw up the stages with your stage design software. Ill let you know.

OK, this has been kept under wraps, but now its official. O3GC will be the first match for the next season of 3 Gun Nation. We are pretty excited. Get your entries in quick!! I have a feeling this will fill us up.

OK, this has been kept under wraps, but now its official. O3GC will be the first match for the next season of 3 Gun Nation. We are pretty excited. Get your entries in quick!! I have a feeling this will fill us up.

Great news! My app should be there or very close by now. Really looking forward to this one.

Back to the slug question for a moment, what distance are we looking at for those slugs, and what are we going to be shooting at?

planning to have slug shots on very reasonable tgts primarily between 50-70 yds

Back to the slug question for a moment, what distance are we looking at for those slugs, and what are we going to be shooting at?

planning to have slug shots on very reasonable tgts primarily between 50-70 yds

Can you please define "reasonable targets"? Are we talking full-size paper, LaRues, Poppers, Clays, Gongs? Would like to do my homework before the match, but need some G2 to prep. Thanks!

Yep, I bet many that didn't have this match on their schedule will scramble to do so now.

Craig

Any talk of grandfathering the attendees of the inaugural match? (going forward) :cheers:

Any talk of grandfathering the attendees of the inaugural match? (going forward) :cheers:

Id say its a little too early for us to be a "legacy" match. I like the way you think though.