Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championships and 3 Gun Nation affiliation

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is 2.7 miles from the trap range. We will be using the trap range for stats and awards ceremony as well as camping. We have quite a few entries, but havent hit 100 yet.

Will there be full hook ups for campers? Power,Water and sewer hook up?

Full hook ups.

Can you explain what the NRA sanction does for the match?

I'll take this one. For the match specifically, the NRA provides a donation and supplies. Usually this is targets and help with the expenses of promotional materials that would otherwise come out of entry fees). When you are searching for sponsors at SHOT Show or the NRA annual meetings, or in letters to sponsors, there are a lot of manufacturers who appreciate this "endorsement" by the NRA (see all the ones who offer NRA Round Up). It opens doors that were closed in the past. As a very practical matter, the NRA staff that comes to the match WORK. Last year several were at LaRue for the very muddy days before the match, helping to construct stages. At the actual match, they help staff stages and have worked with me in stats. In the past they have added certificates for free entry to Bianchi Cup to the prize table.

I have much more to add, but I am on the road (SC to TX) and will have to finish this later

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician

Can you explain what the NRA sanction does for the match?

I'll take this one. For the match specifically, the NRA provides a donation and supplies. Usually this is targets and help with the expenses of promotional materials that would otherwise come out of entry fees). When you are searching for sponsors at SHOT Show or the NRA annual meetings, or in letters to sponsors, there are a lot of manufacturers who appreciate this "endorsement" by the NRA (see all the ones who offer NRA Round Up). It opens doors that were closed in the past. As a very practical matter, the NRA staff that comes to the match WORK. Last year several were at LaRue for the very muddy days before the match, helping to construct stages. At the actual match, they help staff stages and have worked with me in stats. In the past they have added certificates for free entry to Bianchi Cup to the prize table.

I have much more to add, but I am on the road (SC to TX) and will have to finish this later

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician

Thanks Linda. You said it a lot better than I could.

6.11 Shotgun - Heavy Optics Division

6.11.3 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the shotgun.

6.11.6 No compensators or porting on barrels allowed in this Division

Im thinking of going heavy optics and just wanted to make sure my shot gun was good to go.

I have a saiga with a poly choke does this count as a comp? What about the other mods I made are they still legal?

saigafinal2.jpg

Thanks

6.11 Shotgun - Heavy Optics Division

6.11.3 Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the shotgun.

6.11.6 No compensators or porting on barrels allowed in this Division

Im thinking of going heavy optics and just wanted to make sure my shot gun was good to go.

I have a saiga with a poly choke does this count as a comp? What about the other mods I made are they still legal?

saigafinal2.jpg

Thanks

I think Saigas are just legal in Open. Box magazines are considered speed loaders of a sort.

Matches differ however so I am sure Chad will advise if I am wrong.

Craig

We have not. Look for your check to be cashed, then you will know. If you IM me your name, I can give a definite answer. It may take a couple days. The Match Director is at the NRA show.

http://www.forconquest.com/files/GunGiveAway.pdf

We are going to give away a special rifle at the opening ceromony. How do you win it? Be one of the first 100 paid entries. We are getting close so dont wait. Go to the link above for specs on the rifle. It isnt listed, but the rifle will also have a Leupold scope mounted.

We are going to give away a special rifle at the opening ceromony. How do you win it? Be one of the first 100 paid entries. We are getting close so dont wait. Go to the link above for specs on the rifle. It isnt listed, but the rifle will also have a Leupold scope mounted.

SWEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

We have not. Look for your check to be cashed, then you will know. If you IM me your name, I can give a definite answer. It may take a couple days. The Match Director is at the NRA show.

Oh yea, I almost forogt. How much lead time do you need if we want to switch divisions?

SWEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

+1 :D

Oh yea, I almost forogt. How much lead time do you need if we want to switch divisions?

At registration if OK. We would rather you let us know as soon as you decide. That way your name labels will be correct when you register.

I found out that I have some extra vacation this year due to a planned facility shut down no longer occurring. Are there still open slots for the match? Thanks in advance.

We still have slots. I think we are rapidly approaching 100 so get your app in for the rifle giveaway.

I found out that I have some extra vacation this year due to a planned facility shut down no longer occurring. Are there still open slots for the match? Thanks in advance.

Good to know, thanks. I underestimated the distance/drive time. I was thinking 8-10 hours while Google maps is indicating 16-17. :surprise: This would be more of a full week vacation rather than just a few days away from work. I'll have to double check my shedule. I hope I can make it, looks like a great match!

what is the address to the range

This is a link to the trap range where we are planning on having stats, camping, awards ceremony, vendors, and food. We may even set up a stage there. It is 2.7 miles from the property we are shooting on. Hope this gives you a good idea.

http://www.shootata.com/content/ata_zones/club.aspx?clubid=300000