Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Pro-Am Championship

Big thanks to the RO's, Sponsors, USSA and of course Phil.

1. RO's were there to help you successfully shoot the stage, they did great!

2. Sponsors gave till it bled, and it showed, lots of goodies, lots of happy shooters, everyone got something!Show them your thanks.

3. USSA, thanks for the range, the Water, the Ice, Pop-ups, and the A/C!

4. Phil, dude, you set the bar higher every year, a great example of a fun, well run match!

To all my squad mates on both days, no one set steel faster!

Lastly, mother nature, you are a smoking hot momma! Now go find some A/C, please.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This continues to be the absolutely, most fun match that I've ever been to. Phil does a great job with every aspect of it. I will keep going to this one every year that I'm able to. You'll see more pros there than anywhere outside of the nationals. It was also nice to put a few more faces with some of the Enos crew and vendors.

Phil, I hope you're taking a little time off. You earned it bro. :cheers:

Edited by usp45ss

It's also in the match rules posted on the web page. http://www.usshootingacademy.com/CM_Files/PRO-AM-RULES-2010.pdf

- Competitors can enter and compete either as a PROFESSIONAL or an AMATEUR

- Competitors who have finished in the Top 10 of any USPSA Open, Limited, or Production Nationals in the last three years are NOT eligible to compete as an amateur.

ETA: it's not just a class thing, the awards system is entirely different for pros and amateurs.

Hasn't Jesse finished in the top 10 at Nationals in the last 3 years?

Ha Ha Mike, at first I read your post and was thinking how did Mike know about the National hotdog eating contest I was in back in 2007?

Then I realized you were referring to Jessie Abbate. She hasn't even come close to cracking the top 20 at Nationals.

I am still drinking water after a few days in the Oklahoma heat 113F!!! Thanks to the staff and USSA. Cold water, AC club house awesome place to shoot!

I wanted to thank Jerry/AKA TSA guy for helping find my bag with guns and gear. That was scary, but this is the first time SW dropped the ball with me… I am glad my stuff showed up within a few hours, and everything went well.

I like the match format quite a lot, shooting two matches in one day was great. The staff was really good and the stages were nice. I also like the rules a lot, simple and it was sort of strange to not compete against the PROs. I am not complaining about it trust me. I am just saying maybe this is a good format for other matches??? The prize table for amateurs was amazing...

Phil made a good point, USSA is an amazing facility and despite of the weather still a great place to shoot at. Thank you Tom!!!

I shot like sh&T on both matches, but I believe I also learned a few things. Now I am going back to practice, hopefully I can be back on my game soon.

Phil, thank you very much for a great match and thank you to the staff as well. You guys are awesome.

I also wanted to thank you all the match sponsors, this may be the best match to go to.

DVC,

Sandro

Edited by Sandro

The ProAm is my favorite match of the year. It's like Nationals for me since I can't make it to Vegas. I love the format, it has a very different strategy than a normal USPSA matches. Phil, as always, did a fantastic job this year. This was my 3rd year and I'm still learning the strategy. I watched video of KC shoot "Which way Xactly", unreal.

The prize table is always great, actually the best I've ever seen with my own eyes. Having it covered by Shooting USA is great too. I'll be emailing those guys to thank them for enduring the heat to cover the match. It's awesome to watch it on TV after having shot the match.

Thanks to the staff for doing their job with a smile. I could feel their pain when they showed me a .31 on the timer.

I'll be back next year for sure. Next time, I get to shoot for money.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments here AND at the match. It was quite a weekend...hell, it was quite a 6 months!

I look forward to taking a little time off, but I'm already thinking of cool ideas for next year's stages! Please ensure to contact the sponsors to thank them for their support of our shooting sports.

Take care, and God bless,

Phil

Like Shaun said its just to far for us to travel to Vegas for nats. Tulsa on the other hand for over 300 pieces of falling steel....well that is just to much fun to miss! Phil and crew do a great job and the match is just outstanding. Its fun to shoot and I think its almost as fun to watch as well. Hopefully some of the amateurs will make it on TV this year...I mean it is a proAM :D

John, Mike and Greg shot the match for an episode of Sighting In. Doesn't get much more amatuer (at least shooting guns), than those three. But I know what you mean. You just need to RO next year. Then you can see your back ROing the Pro's :roflol:

LOL, guess I could RO and get a big picture of my face on the back of my shirt....no that might break the cameras :P

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments here AND at the match. It was quite a weekend...hell, it was quite a 6 months!

I look forward to taking a little time off, but I'm already thinking of cool ideas for next year's stages! Please ensure to contact the sponsors to thank them for their support of our shooting sports.

Take care, and God bless,

Phil

Sorry I had to miss this year :( I will have it planed for next year!B)

Fun match...

Despite the high heat it was nice having ample shade, cold water and even fans on a couple stages.

Well done Phil and the crew from USSA!

I'm already looking forward to next years match.

It would be great if this style match would catch on so more clubs would run them.

Phil, Great match as always!! The growth of this match is pretty amazing and directly related to the quality of the people running it. The RO's were the friendliest I've had all year, the facilities were amazing as always and the prize table was pretty awesome. I bet most of the others shooting it this year already have it on their must shoot list for next year.

I did have one question though. Not that I mean to rush but where will the pictures taken at stage 7 and awards be posted?

Ha Ha Mike, at first I read your post and was thinking how did Mike know about the National hotdog eating contest I was in back in 2007?

Then I realized you were referring to Jessie Abbate. She hasn't even come close to cracking the top 20 at Nationals.

Pinto says that wasn't hot dogs you were eating.

You just can't beat this match! There is a reason it has nearly doubled in size each year. I know I'll be back. Thanks to all those that worked hard to put it together!!

Hey Guys, I found a Glock mag on one of the stages. If you know anyone who lost a mag, please have them contact me. I asked on a couple of stages but no luck on the owner. I found it on Saturday. They'll have to give me a description with what type of rounds to claim it, but it's not mine so I really want to get it back to the owner.

Awesome match Phil, that steel was fun.

Bill Drummond

828.963.7020 or you can post here but I check infrequently.

The RO's deserve Ironman badges. I shot in 100 degree weather BUT they WORKED in it. Amazing!

Again, Anyone, I know it's just a mag but it's somebody's and not mine. It will just sit on the self for the next 20 years if someone doesn't claim this thing. Bueler, Bueler, Bueler,........

Do most people use major loads or load down for this match?

Anyone have a good practice routine for the Pro-Am?

I used factory remington UMC in my G34. My buddy was using 40 minor in his STI Edge. Some of my squad mates maid jokes about 90 PF and just glad the slide cycled. One of the other guys guys in my squad was running his open gun with major PF loads. I think everyone uses what they are comfortable with.

The big thing is that your gun runs 100% all day. A simple FTF or FTE can cause you to go from 1st to 10th as there is so little time on each stage. My buddy didn't clean a mag that got dirty and something got in the chamber. His gun woudln't go into battery and he got 6 targets on a 14+ target stage. He could have made the top 5 in his class had that not happend. It probably cost him a gun on the prize table. This is a big reason why I ran factory ammo instead of my less than reliable reloads that I haven't perfected.

My practice routine was minimal. I shot about 150 rounds at my 4" MGM round plates a few days before the match. Ideally I would have liked to get out to shoot two arrays of 4-5 targets each at about a 6-8 second par time. I would have done it from kneeling, moving, crouching and through a port. Maybe next year?