Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship – April 23-25, 2010

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I click on the link for the new shooter app, it takes me to the returning shooter application.

It works fine for me, multiple times. Try hitting the refresh before you click on the application link.

Ah thanks Dan, that seemed to do it.

Room reserved and check in the mail.

I'm looking forward to getting back again, especially since I had to back out of FB3G a week before he match. I was going to give Heavy Metal a try at this match, but I don't have enough time to practice to make sure I can hit 400+ yard targets with irons.

Last years match really set the bar high for this year. I can't wait. I just hope we have good weather again.

App will be in the mail in the morning. They said this was a physical match with alot of shooting. Me like!

PHYSICAL is an understatement. You move more on one stage in this match more than you move on 6 stages at a USPSA Pistol Match. I RO'd last year and plan to again this year and my RO group shot 7 stages in one day last year. I completely wore off the bottoms of a pair of Converse Tactical boots at this match. I'm starting on the treadmill and eliptical next week......

Jeff and DMAC- just do it! No doubt about hitting the flashers when you're shooting 7.62x51! Last year there was only 1 target past 325 yards. (425 yards IIRC) Andy uses good yellow backers like FB3G also. The 100+ yard slug targets were harder than the long rifle in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the 15 yard + targets at the 6x6 steel plates. And the no-shoot steel next to the 6x6 shotgun plates. And the 100 yard mini-poppers. And the.....

:)

I RO'd last year and plan to again this year and my RO group shot 7 stages in one day last year. I completely wore off the bottoms of a pair of Converse Tactical boots at this match. I'm starting on the treadmill and eliptical next week......

A big hearty thank you for your dedication and time. I saw several of you all who were ... DOG tired.

A lot of passion for the sport in that group. :bow:

When and how will we first time shooters be notified of whether we got slots or not?

Jim

If I remember correctly there will be a squad list posted and I believe you will get an email. I know last year there were close to 200 shooters and there were still some open squads. Being a 3 day match, Andy is able to schedule the squads so that we stayed on schedule every day and paid shooters only had to shoot 4 stages at most per day. That may not seem like many stages to finish in a day, but trust me it is an experience.

Jim,

I realize everyone would like to know right away about their status, however, it will be a minimum of 2 weeks before any confirmations can be made available. We are out in CO and the apps are in VA (being carefully guarded by a friend and her attack dog!!!). Our daughter will be flying back to VA in about 2 weeks, and plans to process the applications shortly after she arrives. I will be getting emails out shortly thereafter, hopefully before the SHOT Show.

Progress is being made on many fronts to make the 2010 BRM3G memorable for the shooters, sponsors, and everyone who attends. Once particulars are confirmed about the various “works in progress”, announcements will be put out here on the BEforums.

Thanks to all those who have committed to working as ROs and helping with stats. With a full staff this year, everyone’s life should be a little easier.

Tammi and I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and that your new year will be a great one!

Andy

Edited for spelling. Spell check doesn't check the context does it?!!

Edited by AFH

When you say three day match do you mean regular shooters shoot 3 days?

Yeah, you will shoot for three days.

Good times! :cheers:

Was it only Three day? :o I was sure we shot for six days strait.

<_< Well each day we shot for a day before lunch and later we shot for a day after lunch so. That equals six days. A bunch of shooting for only three days