Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jard Trigger

Shay1911

Midwayusa had Jard trigger on sale, so I picked up one. I think I paid 125 or so for it.

The trigger comes with its own hammer, springs and adjustment screws. There is an adjustment screw for sear engagement, safety, disconnector and for overtravel. They supplied me with a spring for 1.5# pull, but also have other options.

In order to install the trigger, I had to use a tap to continue the threads that we use for the grip screw. There is an adjustment screw that goes in first through that hole to adjust sear engagement. They supply you with a shorter grip screw to attach the grip afterwards. Tapping that hole :) didn't take long at all.

I am very impressed with the results so far. I didnt buff, file or polish anything and it is breaking crisp at 1.5, with minimal pretravel and overtravel. I figured I would shoot a few rounds with it and then make adjustments.

I haven't test fired it yet, so I am not sure how reliable it is, but I am very impressed with the product for the price.

Thought I would share.

After you shoot it.....let us know how it works. Jards are great feeling triggers but are very finicky to adjust and keep reliable. But when you get a good one.....they are hard to beat. Use red loctite. Because the slightest movement of those screws changes a lot in the trigger geometry.

In all honesty.....expect a great feeling trigger but don't count on it being reliable.

What Todd said is right. I know of one person who uses them with great success, but I could never get the adjustable one to work right at the range for any length of time. The non adjustable was much better, however it will allow the safety to be engaged with the hammer forward. Not good IMO

Good luck.

I put an adjustable one in my Stag lower (JP-15 upper) myself. I made sure to adjust it per the instructions and to use red Locktite and let it cure properly. I have 1900 rounds through the gun now and absolutely no problem of any type with the trigger or the rest of the rifle for that matter.

Edited by XD Niner

I never had any luck with the JARD trigger I bought a couple years ago. It is long gone now replaced by a JP.

What was the problem? Following? Doubles?

I have a JP in my other lower. I like it, but doesn't feel as good as the Jard.

I never had any luck with the JARD trigger I bought a couple years ago. It is long gone now replaced by a JP.

What was the problem? Following? Doubles?

I have a JP in my other lower. I like it, but doesn't feel as good as the Jard.

Doubling and tripling and quadrupling and then some.

But hey.....you might get lucky. Some people do.

I've got several in my ARs and have installed several others. If you follow the new instructions, they seem to work fine. Before, they suggested you back off the sear engagement a certain amount and I found that not to be enough, I had some doubles when shooting groups on the bench. They seem to work fine adjusted with a little creep and good disconnect/hammer contact. I've got a modular trigger in one gun and I prefer the Jard over it. For the $$ I don't think you can beat it.

EG

I got onefor a build I was doing, the normal, not adjustable, and i guess they had a run of dissconnectors that went 20 thou fat....they offered to replace it, I couldnt wait, took it offthe safety, its been working ever since, and Im really happy with it, like was said, for the bucks, it really cant be beat.

I have a non-adjustable jard in one of my carbines. It has a very long, creepy pull. It is light and fairly smooth, though, and has a pretty decent let-off after you get through the creep. So, it's pretty shootable despite the creep.

Love my JP and Timney triggers!

I am running a jard in one of my rifles. Love the trigger pull but I am also having the issue where the safety can be engaged with the hammer forward.

Is this a problem? or is it a design feature? My safety can engage with hammer forward, it always works and I can load the rifle with the safety on. If you ask me that is a plus. I'm hoping it is supposed to do this cause I kinda like it

OObullit's comments here are dead on. The Jard is a great trigger and I have used them and still do. But they are fickle and compare in maintence to a NASCAR engine. The run full out and well for a race but you can not count on them to run muiltiple races without a rebuild. If you know how to do this or have a gunsmith next door, you are in good shape. If you are anyone else, you might ought to look more closely at a modular trigger which is certainly more expensive to acquire but cheaper over the course of use.

I prefer Jard over JP. You just can not get JP light enough, little less than 1 kilo. My rifle has 0,75 kilos and I think JP:s over 1 kilo is a bit too hard for precision shooting.

Non-adjustable Jard is though horrible - loooots of creep and no feeling. You just squeeze, squeeze, squeeze... and at some point it goes bang :)

I have installed about 200 Jard triggers to rifles. Problems so far : two times disconnector pin broke, only after few hundred shots. I think it must be some failure with the pin. My oldest Jard has been shot around 35k rounds, have adjusted it only twice - once when first installed and second time when changed from one lower receiver to another.

With light trigger pull, you can bump trigger (and cause "bursts") so you do not know you are doing it ;) Specially if your rifle is lightweight and does not have light moving parts and adjustable gas system.

Last summer I test fired a S&W rifle, no other mods but Jard 1.5 lbs trigger and Zeiss 24x scope, no compensator at all, from sandbag rest. I just had to load 1 round at time to mag, because when I loaded 5 rounds and tried to squeeze trigger very carefully, there was always 2-3 empties in the air at the same time :) Nothing wrong with the gun, just loose grip.

I am running a jard in one of my rifles. Love the trigger pull but I am also having the issue where the safety can be engaged with the hammer forward.

Is this a problem? or is it a design feature? My safety can engage with hammer forward, it always works and I can load the rifle with the safety on. If you ask me that is a plus. I'm hoping it is supposed to do this cause I kinda like it

I consider it a problem because if you pull the charging handle back it locks up.

Edited by Bacon

It's a flaw. You should only be able to put the safety on with a cocked hammer. Can you pull the trigger with the safety on? That's what is implied when you can put the safety on with hammer forward.