Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA 2004 Slots

I got a phone message from USPSA with an offer of a slot to the 2004 pistol nationals. Apparently, they are already distributing "earned" slots.

If you shot a tournament this year, have your credit card ready.

I don't think a good performance is necessary for a slot. Kim said my slot was based on my performance at the Area 2 match, where I got 30th overall and 7th in class in Open. And that's worthy of a slot!?

Based on this years turnout, it sounds like they're trying to get the match to fill as quick as they can.

This may also be a way to get a little quick feed-back to how much interest there will be for this match.... :huh:

Hi Kim called me last night and left a message I am going to call her back and get my slot. She said it was based on my performance in Area 4. As of right now it looks like I will be going by my self can any one tell me about the match like hotels and what I am in for.

Will I called and got my slot she was not able to tell me much just that they or working on filling the earned slots. Can someone give me some info on hotels and where the range would be? I am trying to have every thing ready for when it gets closer. This is a first really big match I am going to and it looks like I might be going by myself. I went to area 4 and won D class I have a GM and a A shooter that I am friends with that went. Thanks for any info you can give

Chris

I'm wondering if it's fully refundable. I can afford it now, in anticipation of being gainfully employed in the future, but if I'm still income-less months from now, I can't afford it then.

I'm also wondering whether the slot is division-dependent.

My sixteen year old son got offered a slot. This is his first year of shooting. He is so pissed that he has to go to school instead. Maybe next year the match will be when school age Juniors can attend.

Got my call from Kim tonight. She seemed to be a bit confused as to whether we had already spoken or not; which we had not. I asked her whether the slot was for production, limited, or open. She said any of the above, that "I had a slot and just needed to bring whichever gun I wanted and shoot". A different approach than the last couple of years where my slots were specific to a division... limited, production, etc.

I got an e-mail that said they tried to call but couldn't get through. I haven't had a chance to call back yet and I'm curious....how long will they hold the slot? It's Christmas time and I can't afford it right now ( those darn kids). :P

The $10 deposit for a waitlist slot is refundable only if you are not offered a slot. If you accept a slot when offered it's fully credited to you entry fee. If you are offered a slot and turn it down, the $10 is not refunded.

This was necessary because USPSA HQ spent a *lot* of time last year contacting people who signed up on the waitlist but did not accept slots. This was so prevalent that the only reasonable conclusion was that people signed up for the waitlist on a "just in case" basis without any real intention of going. The $10 is minimal, but should increase the quality of the waiting list.

As a separate matter, there are cutoff dates and refund policies for cancellation of a paid registration, however, I would prefer to let USPSA HQ speak to the details directly rather than risk "getting it wrong."