Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Single Stack Nationals

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's over and I'm home. The first Single Stack Classic in years that we didn't have to shoot in the rain at anytime. Someone always gets rained on it seems. The Nat's were really bad though. Could drive someone crazy. I have never seen it like that in 25 years of shooting at PASA.

Way to go Rob and Julie for being Single Stack National Champions!

Give me a couple days and I'll start working on next years match. 1911 - 2011 Single Stack it going to be special.

Who is the lady in the purple shirt. We talked to her on Thursday and she was really nice.

Tori Nanaka (SP). She is really on the right track to being something special!

Also, thanks to squad 24!! The entire squad worked their butts off and we rolled through stage after stage. We got done with 8 stages on the thursday trying to get as many done as possible and did the same thing on Friday! We caught several of the ROs up when they where behind....Thanks guys it was fun shooting with you! cheers.gif

post-8418-127283667316_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on 1st C, Scott!

cheers.gif

I appreciate it, Mark. I had a blast at this match.

Thanks to Springfield Armory, the match staff and everyone else involved in putting on this great event. I'll definitely be back next year (shooting a customized SA GI, instead of one of those guns from TX.)

Like strippers! Minus the butt glitter.

Here's the Day 2 video of me and Lucas - we both got a little less conservative with our shooting, which worked on all but one stage for each of us.

You didn't warn me I was talking to 24th overall lol, Nice job guys.

Like strippers! Minus the butt glitter.

Here's the Day 2 video of me and Lucas - we both got a little less conservative with our shooting, which worked on all but one stage for each of us.

You didn't warn me I was talking to 24th overall lol, Nice job guys.

Thanks Corey - I know, he needs a damn sponsor!

Also, thanks to squad 24!!

It was a fine squad - Covered every class from C to M, loaded up with folks from the enosverse, and lots of opportunities to learn for those of us with more potential for achievement than actual achievement. Says a lot when there's more people moving forward to paste that there are targets - on every stage

Thanks for the pointers!

Also, thanks to squad 24!!

It was a fine squad - Covered every class from C to M, loaded up with folks from the enosverse, and lots of opportunities to learn for those of us with more potential for achievement than actual achievement. Says a lot when there's more people moving forward to paste that there are targets - on every stage

Thanks for the pointers!

24 was a fine squad and I had a great time shooting with all of you! Thanks for making my first Single Stack Gnats so enjoyable :cheers:

Here's a couple pictures I took this weekend. The winners Rob and Julie, the ladies crew, and Debbie and Tony Hawkins little boy who rode on the quad all weekend.

Rich

post-1700-127285261998_thumb.gif

post-1700-127285265055_thumb.gif

post-1700-127285272391_thumb.gif

A couple more, Henning Wallgren shooting stage, 16 had a picture of Rob but it disappeared before Rob got there and my crew who shot for me this year.

Rich

post-1700-127285289436_thumb.gif

post-1700-127285295181_thumb.gif

This was a was straight up shooting match. Nothing fancy, just a test of shooting skills. The standards was tough. I do not think anyone aced it. The "Bill Drill" modified was pretty interesting. There were a couple different strategies in play on this stage. Take a hard look at the points and times. See if you can figure out what some shooters did. Twenty plus plates via three ports was a kick!

Squad 27 shot Friday - Saturday. The weather was pretty good both days. We had some rain but did not have to shot targets covered in plastic. ON the downside, my head was bitten by the gnats on Friday--this turned out to be a pain.

We had a great squad. We were two stages ahead on Friday and progressively got ahead on Saturday. Everybody worked.

The downside was the other 'standards' stage of strong and weak hand. This stage went extremely slow. It was backed up by three squads on Saturday afternoon.

The ROs were great. Very friendly and professional.

So this is 2010, next year will be 2011--- one hundred years of the 1911. Next year's match should be something to write home about!

This was a was straight up shooting match. Nothing fancy, just a test of shooting skills. The standards was tough. I do not think anyone aced it. The "Bill Drill" modified was pretty interesting. There were a couple different strategies in play on this stage. Take a hard look at the points and times. See if you can figure out what some shooters did. Twenty plus plates via three ports was a kick!

Squad 27 shot Friday - Saturday. The weather was pretty good both days. We had some rain but did not have to shot targets covered in plastic. ON the downside, my head was bitten by the gnats on Friday--this turned out to be a pain.

We had a great squad. We were two stages ahead on Friday and progressively got ahead on Saturday. Everybody worked.

The downside was the other 'standards' stage of strong and weak hand. This stage went extremely slow. It was backed up by three squads on Saturday afternoon.

The ROs were great. Very friendly and professional.

So this is 2010, next year will be 2011--- one hundred years of the 1911. Next year's match should be something to write home about!

Well what do ya know, I had pjb45 on my squad (27) and didn't even know it! We indeed had a great squad. Many times there was nothing to paste or set as this squad was working hard.

This was the first SS nationals I went too, and this was a fantastic match. As previously said, it was a straight up "who can shoot better than who" match without it being a track meet or a gimick match.

God willing, I will be back again next year.

HUGE congrats to Bill Filiaga who was #10 overall and 1st A class. He is from Alaska and he was a class act. Great job!

I was unpacking a few things today and it occurred to me that as far as I know this is the first time the match included rain gear in the goodie bag, and this is the first time in recent memory that it never did rain enough to need rain gear.

I hope they include gnat repellent and white pasters next year!