Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Single Stack Nationals

Rolled into home base this afternoon after 39+ hours in the car on this trip. Thanks to Springfield Armory and all the sponsors, the match staff and everyone who worked hard to put on a great match. Special kudos to Squad 24...a great group of guys to shoot with and work with. I really enjoyed meeting and shooting with you and learning from y'all.

Congratulations to all the winners.

This match really tested every aspect of shooting skill and gave me some valuable pointers for practice for next year. I certainly plan to be back.

Edited by BWNC

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

I just put up some video from the match on

Thanks to squad 20 for a great time!

It was fun shooting with you B.J. You shot a great match, and some of those stages you shot were pretty amazing.

I note you have been the top minor caliber shooter the past two matches. I'm pretty sure you based your strategy on my inspired performance in 2008, when I reigned as the top minor shooter at the Single Stack Nationals. (I'm still waiting to receive my trophy and prize gun.) ;):lol:

Seriously though, it was a fun match. I enjoy breaking out the hi-cap once in awhile......

Edited by Carmoney

It was quite a comeback for Robbie after that mike on stage 4 the first day.

He never gave up and worked his way to the top.

I am in awe. That was simply an amazing victory.

Congrats to all the winners.

I was unpacking a few things today and it occurred to me that as far as I know this is the first time the match included rain gear in the goodie bag, and this is the first time in recent memory that it never did rain enough to need rain gear.

I hope they include gnat repellent and white pasters next year!

+1

Good shootin with ya!

Best line of the match from the chrono guy to my buddy who was shooting .40, after shooting 6 rounds, "You want me to weigh the bullet to see if it's 300 grains or shoot it and see if it's running 1500? :roflol:

Probably wouldn't have been quite so funny if he was talking to me.... :devil:

Edited by BillD

Thanks to all who posted pix!

Great pix!

That sure is a good looking group of gals!

Not to mention the great shooting they did!

Wish I did like they did . . .

Great match. See you next year or somewhere this year.

What an amazing match!!! I just love this one. This is the national championship where you KNOW every skill will be tested. Rob's great at everything so it's no surprise to me when he wins it again and again (+14 more agains). WTG TGO.

This staff TOTALLY rocks. They work so hard AND they had to fend off the gnats... Ugh. Thank goodness for vanilla, OFF and dryer sheets!

Kippi, TD Roe and I got TONS of video we will be posting to Women of USPSA including some stage breakdowns. I hope to post a vid to my you-tube too. There's a lot of content, but we will post as soon as we can. In the meantime, check out this video of Sara Dunivin. She shot on Thursday so we missed out on getting some good coverage. Watching her shoot reminds me of Sharon (Edington) Zaffiro. She's so smooth and consistent!

Thanks so much for the congrats everyone!!! I can't tell you what it means to have won this one...

Julie

Awesome match as always at Barry. These folks know how to put on a shootin' match and this wasn't their first rodeo.

No BS, no roller coasters, no 32 round squirt fests. Straight up who is the best shooter kind of match; if you think you got what it takes....bring it. Unfortunately it wasn't me but once I saw the competition signed up I figured I would be happy with a top 10 in that crowd. I'm pretty sure that is the highest caliber and volume of top competitors at one match in one division that I have seen.

It's always good to get back to Barry....and for once we had good weather for the Single Stack. Yeah, the gnats were a little annoying but I'll take that over washing mags out in the mud puddle between stages as I've done more than once there. Plus I wore shorts both days....pretty sure I've never done that at that match either.

Excellent job crew......Thanks!

Smitty

I was unpacking a few things today and it occurred to me that as far as I know this is the first time the match included rain gear in the goodie bag, and this is the first time in recent memory that it never did rain enough to need rain gear.

I hope they include gnat repellent and white pasters next year!

Bring it back next year. Maybe it will hold off the rain again

What an amazing match!!! I just love this one. This is the national championship where you KNOW every skill will be tested. Rob's great at everything so it's no surprise to me when he wins it again and again (+14 more agains). WTG TGO.

This staff TOTALLY rocks. They work so hard AND they had to fend off the gnats... Ugh. Thank goodness for vanilla, OFF and dryer sheets!

Kippi, TD Roe and I got TONS of video we will be posting to Women of USPSA including some stage breakdowns. I hope to post a vid to my you-tube too. There's a lot of content, but we will post as soon as we can. In the meantime, check out this video of Sara Dunivin. She shot on Thursday so we missed out on getting some good coverage. Watching her shoot reminds me of Sharon (Edington) Zaffiro. She's so smooth and consistent!

Thanks so much for the congrats everyone!!! I can't tell you what it means to have won this one...

Julie

Julie, Did you video Rob's speech.......the part about Adam Carter?

Julie

Julie, Did you video Rob's speech.......the part about Adam Carter?

We did! I am uploading videos and will try to get this posted ASAP.

My heart goes out to everyone who was touched by Adam. May he rest in peace.

Julie

Julie, Congrats to you for all that you were doing, not only winning but everything else. Between you and Robbie--a great number of National titles-that sometimes really goes unrecognized. You are the face of USPSA!

paul

It was quite a comeback for Robbie after that mike on stage 4 the first day.

He never gave up and worked his way to the top.

I am in awe. That was simply an amazing victory.

I couldn't count the number of times I've seen him do that over many years.

I think it's and unconscious-motivation technique. Seriously.

:)

be

Julie

I have video from Friday if you need more. Not real sure how to post on youtube.

Rex

That would be awesome! Send me an email - jgoloski at hotmail dot com and I will get you an invite to a file sharing program we can use.

Thanks so much!!!

Julie

Julie, Congrats to you for all that you were doing, not only winning but everything else. Between you and Robbie--a great number of National titles-that sometimes really goes unrecognized. You are the face of USPSA!

paul

How sweet, Paul. Wow, thank you. I consider myself so very fortunate to get to shoot and do what I love. Our sport is so much fun and I truly believe it has the best people. Shooters ROCK!

Julie

Video update - so I have literally tried 3 times to get Rob's speech up on Women of USPSA's You-Tube. :angry2: It's been snowing and sleeting today in MT so I will blame it on the weather. <_< It says I have 321 min left to upload, but as soon as I know its posted, I will let you all know!

Julie