Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One car accident

Bwana Six-Gun

A few days ago, pro golfer Tiger Woods had a one vehicle car accident where he alledgedly(sp?) hit a fire hydrant and tree coming out of the drive way of his home. You would think that this was an earthshaking event that would change the world as we know it. Give me a break. If anyone on the forum had the same accident it would not have even made the back page of the Dogpatch Gazette. The media has been all over this. Give the guy a break. Whatever happened or didn't happen before or afterwards is his business, not the public's.

My .02.

A few days ago, pro golfer Tiger Woods had a one vehicle car accident where he alledgedly(sp?) hit a fire hydrant and tree coming out of the drive way of his home. You would think that this was an earthshaking event that would change the world as we know it. Give me a break. If anyone on the forum had the same accident it would not have even made the back page of the Dogpatch Gazette. The media has been all over this. Give the guy a break. Whatever happened or didn't happen before or afterwards is his business, not the public's.

My .02.

One of my coworkers said it best today. If it had been 2PM instead of 2AM we would not have heard a thing about it. Probably true. And as I love to say, "MAN, I DON'T CARE"!

A guy gets into an argument over jealousy and potential infidelity with his significant other. She, justifiably or not, gets crazy and scratches him up. He's man enough NOT to hit back, and instead of escalating the argument, walks out to the car, and goes for a ride to cool off... He takes a ride around the community, and a little later comes home. Tempers have subsided, apologys are shared, and life goes back to "normal".

This happens in EVERY subdivision in America, every night of the week.

I've done it half a dozen times... and we all have at one time or another.

Now... Add celebrity, a HOT-HEADED celebrity at that... Tiger is notorious for his temper. EVERYONE in golf knows that. He drops more f-bombs than a sailor on KP duty.

He leaves the house pissed... too fast... oops...

Now, it's national media fodder...

Leave the poor guy alone. Nobody was hurt, except maybe HIM! There's not a mark on her... He didn't hit a kid. He didn't hit a dog even... He hit a damn tree, but the press wants his hospital record on display...

Leave the guy alone... It's bad enough his wife probably split his lip!!!

LOL

Jeff

I for one am so happy that all of the problems facing the US and the world have obviously been solved. No more crime, war, poverty, disease, environmental issues (not Global warming, that has really been solved, it never existed, but real problems like toxic dumping) so now I can sleep peacefully at night knowing that all is right in the world.

Whew!

Jim

A guy gets into an argument over jealousy and potential infidelity with his significant other. She, justifiably or not, gets crazy and scratches him up. He's man enough NOT to hit back, and instead of escalating the argument, walks out to the car, and goes for a ride to cool off... He takes a ride around the community, and a little later comes home. Tempers have subsided, apologys are shared, and life goes back to "normal".

Now... Add celebrity, a HOT-HEADED celebrity at that... Tiger is notorious for his temper. EVERYONE in golf knows that. He drops more f-bombs than a sailor on KP duty.

Leave the poor guy alone. Nobody was hurt, except maybe HIM! There's not a mark on her... He didn't hit a kid. He didn't hit a dog even... He hit a damn tree, but the press wants his hospital record on display...

LOL

Jeff

So, where in the world did you come up with that extrapolation?????

It's all made up stuff, that you made up. Give the guy a break and quit acting like NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox and all the other dirt.

LOL

Jeff

So, where in the world did you come up with that extrapolation?????

It's all made up stuff, that you made up. Give the guy a break and quit acting like NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox and all the other dirt.

I think he's just using that as an example of what could have happened, not necessarily what did happen. I shoot high end guns and build high end computers. The computers can be more frustrating than the guns and I've been known more than once to just leave the house to go for a ride to cool off and figure out a problem one of them is giving me. I did back over drive way reflector once but the media never showed up. :(

Not to perpetuate discussion of a topic that we're all trying hard to ignore, but I just heard a blurb on the news that they now suspect there may have been domestic abuse involved... as in, his wife whacked him with a golf club. :surprise:

That whole bit about her breaking the back window with the golf club to drag his unconscious body out to safety didn't add up to me... Something tells me this story ain't going away just yet. :rolleyes:

Tiger made a poor choice. He should have used a driver.

Tiger Woods is so rich, he owns lots of luxury cars. Now he has a hole in one.

What's the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards.

How can Tiger be the world's best golfer? He couldn't even avoid a water hazard that was right in front of him.

What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2.30 in the morning? They went clubbing.