Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's Here!!! It's Here. My Svi Finally Arrived&#3

PistolPete

Well after months of waiting my SVI limited gun finally arrived. What seemed like years if finally passed. it is a Double stack .40 S&W with all the goodies. Green fiber optic front site, schuman barrel, etc. etc. I must say the gun feels awesome and perfectly balanced. The slide to frame fit is amazing. Now I just can't wait to get to the range and test her out.

Well here are the pics. They aren't the best esp. with my fingerprints on them but I didn't want to waste time taking pics. I want my time to go to dryfiring.

Pete :D

fa6668eb.jpg

fa6668f3.jpg

fa665f4d.jpg

fa665f49.jpg

Yeah I'm so excited. This is better than Christmas. My fiance is jealous. She keeps saying that if I was as excited about her as I was my gun she would be the luckiest girl alive. I told her it is a different type of excitement and nothing compares to her. :) But, I can't wait to get it to the range on Thursday. According to the test fired sample provided with the gun it shot under 1.10" at 50 yards. Not too shabby. Every shot was touching the same hole.

Pete

Guest Larry Cazes

Looks great Pete! Let us know how it shoots right away......If I seem anxious to hear, it's because I am. One very close to that comes home with me in 7 days, 14 hours, 27 mins......Congrats.

Larry

Well I got to test her out tonight!!!! YEEHAA!!!! This was prob. the best money I've ever spent. This gun shoots so great. Recoil control is great. Because of the heavy weight of the gun it hardly recoils. The sights are perfect and easy to read, ergonomics are incredible. Everything about this gun rocks. I need to adjust my sights a bit as the gun is shooting about 3/4" low and left. It isn't from my jerking the trigger as I got the same results from a rest. I tried a few different loads. I had a few hundred reloads as well as 100 factory loads. Everything functioned 100% and the gun never hiccuped at all. Damn I have a 2nd love in my life and it is in the form of metal. HEHE This gun rules. Only problem is how do I ever go back to shooting a "regular" gun? Looks like all the guns I buy from here on are going to be very expensive. LOL

Pete :ph34r:

MoNsTeR- yes, it is Stainless steel. The gun cost $2500 plus mags so I'm in just over $3000. That doesn't include a new holster, mag holsters, new belt and all those goodies.

PistolPete,

And none of THAT includes what you are going to have to spend on your fiance' for Christmas to keep her off your case about your ecstacy over the new blaster and convince her that you really DO like her more than your new gun!!!!!!!

Are you going to be able to convince her of THAT lie???????? :P:P

Really NEAT piece......... use it in good health

Jeffro (Jeff)

Well last night I decided it needed to be cleaned. So I started to clean it and noticed the right side of the ambi-safety wasn't working properly. So, I took it off to find that it is already broken. Where the setscrew grips the left side of the ambi-safety it is broken. I called SV and they are sending me a new safety. Kinda sucks though. I have a match on Monday and I'll have to shoot it this way. I can put it all back together but just can't use the right side of the safety. Not too major of a problem but still kinda sucks. Other than that this gun rocks!!!