Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Benelli M2

Tattoo

Hey all,

Gettin a new Benelli M2 tomorrow and I need to get shells to practice. Will it run ok w/ the bulk 100 round

Walmart loads? Not sure what the laod is, but they are sold in the 100 round bulk boxes. Thanks guys.

T

Edited by Tattoo

Hey all,

Gettin a new Benelli M2 tomorrow and I need to get shells to practice. Will it run ok w/ the bulk 100 round

Walmart loads? Not sure what the laod is, but they are sold in teh 100 round bulk boxes. Thanks guys.

T

Maybe and maybe not since the gun has not been customized. Buy a few and see

If you can find them the Fiocchi White Rhinos were the only shells I ran before I had my Bennelli modified. They are a sporting clays load and high quality shell on par with the Win AA and Remington golds. I used the Fiocchi because I was hooked up with a sponsored sporting clays shooter and could buy them off of him at a deal.

I have an older M1 that will run Federal and Winchester value packs and the Winchester Super Speed 1oz. loads without any problems. The Federals pattern better from my gun.

Buy a pack of each to try, then feed it what it likes.

Hurley

Edited to add: I have known of people who bought new M2s that needed a few hundred rounds of break in before they would run light loads.

Edited by HRider

The wally world winchesters are awsome in a unmodded Benelli. The remingtons work well also but the patterns seem to have some holes in them. The federals have a crappy crimp and jam on occasion during feeding. Hope this helps. Keep it oiled and shoot it up.

Awesome, This is exactly what I was looking for. I mean for $1200 it should be able to run stock on 87 octane and not need Hi-test.

I am headin out to get it and then to Walmart for a winchester bulk pack. Can't wait to check it out. Thanks,

T

I have an older M1 that will run Federal and Winchester value packs and the Winchester Super Speed 1oz. loads without any problems. The Federals pattern better from my gun.

Buy a pack of each to try, then feed it what it likes.

Hurley

Edited to add: I have known of people who bought new M2s that needed a few hundred rounds of break in before they would run light loads.

H,

Thanks I just say your post and I will get a box of each to try and a couple boxes of something hotter for a match. We have a match

next weekend. Thanks for the Fiochhi advise too guys. I will try to find some locally, maybe the gunstore will have some.

Edited by Tattoo

Hey all,

Walmart loads? Not sure what the laod is, but they are sold in teh 100 round bulk boxes. Thanks guys.

T

OMG...will it run???? WTF are u spending $1,200 on.....if you are not sure it will cycle any loads? Not to be an a**hole, but I too am a Benelli shooter, some would call me...... I had an M-1 for years and NEVER had a jam, malfunction will ANY load. I have an M-2 now and have not had a chance to shoot it much but I would hope that it is as good....cycling wise. Now....I have dremeled this, lightened that....f**ked with this or THAT....but it is the BEST factory cycling shotgun you can buy.

P.S. Thinking on buying a POS Russian crap...just so I can have constant problems and smithing bills.....LMFAO!!!!! GOOD LUCK and BE SAFE!

My stock M2 field shoots light loads just fine. The cheap Winchester ammo doesnt feed well since the crimps are crap. Both the Federal and Remington 100 round boxes from Walmart have good crimps on them. Some of the Winchester doesn't chamber easily in my Browning 325!

Well I got my new Benelli and it is.... SWEET! The best $1188 I have spent in a long time. Black M2 w/ 21" VR barrel. I picked it up and went to the nearest Walmart and found Three loads to try out. 2 Winchester and 1 Federal load.

shotgun.jpg

I tried the fastest load first Win load ( white box ) at 1350 fps, then the Federal load at 1290fps, then the weakest Win 1200fps load.

All the loads functioned perfect in the gun except one round of Federal that had a FTF. I had to bump the carrier to move it

up into the chamber. It may have been my fault when I loaded it up. Super happy w/ the ammo and the gun.

Thanks to everyone who helped with their advise!

T

My M1 Tactical (stock) is a little tempermental at times with the light loads. Didn't matter whose they were. With a tad more oomph in the load, it always runs fine.

My M2 Field (also stock) hasn't missed a beat with anything and I have tried all the cheapst Walmart bulk stuff from Federal, Remington, and Winchester.

Try polishing the edges of the chamber area of the barrel. Some have a pretty sharp edge and can catch on the cheap and crappy crimp stuff.

Craig

My M1 Tactical (stock) is a little tempermental at times with the light loads. Didn't matter whose they were. With a tad more oomph in the load, it always runs fine.

My M2 Field (also stock) hasn't missed a beat with anything and I have tried all the cheapst Walmart bulk stuff from Federal, Remington, and Winchester.

Try polishing the edges of the chamber area of the barrel. Some have a pretty sharp edge and can catch on the cheap and crappy crimp stuff.

Craig

Thanks for the input. I have also heard that the Tacticlalguns can be a little more picky than the field guns. 200 rounds

through it now and it running great, still very happy with the gun.

T

Edited by Tattoo

Of the Wally World bulk birdshot, I run Federal 1 1/8 oz 7.5 bird shot (red box). It cycles reliably in all my Benellis. I couldn't quite tell from your photo, but looks like you might have picked up the 1oz Federal bird shot (blue box). The 1oz 7.5 birdshot seems to run about 75%. So I stick to the 1 1/8 oz Federal and have been satisfied. (btw, at my local Walmart, both are priced the same)

Edited by esskay

Of the Wally World bulk birdshot, I run Federal 1 1/8 oz 7.5 bird shot (red box). It cycles reliably in all my Benellis. I couldn't quite tell from your photo, but looks like you might have picked up the 1oz Federal bird shot (blue box). The 1oz 7.5 birdshot seems to run about 75%. So I stick to the 1 1/8 oz Federal and have been satisfied. (btw, at my local Walmart, both are priced the same)

Yeah- I opened a new case yesterday and it was the 1oz 7.5 Federal. I guess I wasn't paying attention when I ordered it. Seems to stick in the chamber. I'll trade it to a hunter or trap shooter.