Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

:cheers: The latest rumors are that Area 4 will be returning to the swamps next year. I am posting this to see how many of you out there would like to see it anywhere but there. Yes I would like to see it at the double tap again, I think Ken and the crew did a great job. The weather in texas is unpredictable as usual(I would rather have rain than rain and stinking hot humidity). Yes they volunteered to do it again. If you feel the same, contact Ken Hicks and let him know, if you do let him know what you want you cannot complain about the outcome. :sight:

I think Ken and the crew did a great job. The weather in texas is unpredictable as usual(I would rather have rain than rain and stinking hot humidity). Yes they volunteered to do it again.

If Ken Cobb and his group end up in charge of the match, they can count on me jumping in to RO. I can't begin to express how impressed I was with Ken, Lee, Scott and the other people behind this year's Area 4. I'd drive a long ways to support their efforts and work with them again. :cheers:

Curtis

We certainly appreciate the compliments. The decision is final, we are out of it. Good luck to wherever the match goes.

I for one would like to see it in Tulsa or at the Double tap.

Ken I don't understand. From what I've heard/read, you guys unanimously put on a top class event. Why will you not be in contention to do it again?

We certainly appreciate the compliments. The decision is final, we are out of it. Good luck to wherever the match goes.

I for one would like to see it in Tulsa or at the Double tap.

Ken I don't understand. From what I've heard/read, you guys unanimously put on a top class event. Why will you not be in contention to do it again?

I can't answer that question, only the AD can.

Bobby.....we offered and were rejected. Though I think we brought repectability back to Area 4 but I will not miss working that hard again. Let's see what happens, I will just be a shooter come next year and hope whoever picks it up can match or even exceed the results of this year....woohoo!

All they have to do is have more than 237 shooters, $35,000 prize table, Palm scoring with Thermal printers, 37" rolling results display, 2 laptops available for shooters to lookup their own scores all throughout the match, have wireless access to the results system available from anywhere on the range and have less than 3 reshoots/score issues out of ~2600 scores. Sounds like an easy feat....NOT! I will however appreciate whoever picks it up....

Lee

I thought Hick's was retiring?

Maybe sooner than he plans :roflol:

If A4 hosts another quality Championship next year, it may endanger our long tradition of mediocrity and procrastination.

You guys were warned once before about political content.

No matter how justified you may feel, this isn't the place for it.

Continue in this vein and it will get Closed or gutted beyond recognition.

so when are we going to know where area 4 is going to be held so i can make plans now.

With the exception of last year, it has normally been finalized rather late in the game compared with the other area championships.

Curtis