Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Production div. - 15 rounds limit from 2010.01.01

Ramas

Is it official or is that still the proposed rule? If it's official I'm all for it. Sounds like a good and needed change that will allow some clarity in IPSC Production

For me shooting a Glock 17 there no major change-just a re-calculation of mag changes and movement. Are there any guns you see becoming more popular as a result of this change-I don't get much exposure besides Glock.

Along with other guns with a 15+1 capacity.

But I expect a lot of people/ROs will complain about how difficult it be for the ROs to keep track of it and how it will make things less safe since they have one more non safety-related thing to look out for.

Of course, my response to that have always been: Why do you think european ROs are so muvh dumber than americans who have been doing that safely for years?

Along with other guns with a 15+1 capacity.

But I expect a lot of people/ROs will complain about how difficult it be for the ROs to keep track of it and how it will make things less safe since they have one more non safety-related thing to look out for.

Of course, my response to that have always been: Why do you think european ROs are so muvh dumber than americans who have been doing that safely for years?

I think all the shooters and RO's will have no problem keeping track-we are competitors! What guns have 15 round mags? Besides Glock 22. I know about the CZs-they can download, Berettas-ditto. What guns will become more competitive?

Well the para .45 with Act magazines hold 15, I am guessing the LDA version is production legal, this gun would now be competitive, What do the common XD, Berretta's Sig, .40's factory magazines hold ?

Oh and just a reminder, this is IPSC RULE, not a USPSA rule.

Edited by Joe4d

Well the para .45 with Act magazines hold 15, I am guessing the LDA version is production legal, this gun would now be competitive, What do the common XD, Berretta's Sig, .40's factory magazines hold ?

Oh and just a reminder, this is IPSC RULE, not a USPSA rule.

Yes-IPSC -not USPSA. I guess some Tanfoglio guns would fit in here. I just wonder what guns some shooters have in mind for 15 round limit. I tried to digest the thread on Global Village about this, but I don't really understand what the impetus was for limiting rounds to 15. I understand some people want to not have a "race to go higher and higher" in Production (IPSC), but I am not convinced. I was kind of digging using my Glock 17 in international IPSC, but I will probably go to an Open gun now, I want the higher capacity.

One of the problems was taht gunmakers simply made guns with longer and longer grips to increase capacity.

20+1 became normal and apparantly one tried to get a 22+1 approved.

tehn you had the issue with oEM mags and aftermarket which take a few extra rounds...

people felt they had to replace tehir guns to one with higher capacity

Now its simpler, use what you want, sice all only take 15...

One of the problems was taht gunmakers simply made guns with longer and longer grips to increase capacity.

tehn you had the issue with oEM mags and aftermarket which take a few extra rounds...

people felt they had to replace tehir guns to one with higher capacity

Now its simpler, use what you want, sice all only take 15...

Thanks, which gunmakers? Glocks are less competitive now due to the 5 lb trigger pull rule, I think the 15 round rule will make them even less competitive and that Glock shooters will be less numerous in international IPSC. If aftermarket mags were the problem, why not change the rule to make only original or replica mags legal?

Glock 40's, Beretta, Smith, Sig,XD, Tanfoglio, Para. And I'm sure I'm missing some others. Lots of gun companies make guns with capacities below 18-21 which is pretty common for the top guns now. Now it's open for guys that want to shoot minor 40 and even a few that want to shoot 45.

Exactly. The G17 was at a capacity disadvantage by now. Some have been able to get 18+1 in their G17 mags, but none of mine will do that. The capacity race was an equipment race in a division where there wasn't suppose to be an equipment race. I think this is a good change.

Vince said that mags are now treated as sights.

You can do whatever the hell you like with OFM and AM magazines, which we will henceforth treat like sights. You can use longer than standard mags, +2 basepads, tricky-dicky followers, special springs, whatever, as long as you don't have more than 15 rounds in any mag accessible to you after the Start Signal.

And, yes, if someone wants to be a complete dick and stick a 33 round mag in his Glock 26, no problem

That just saved me a sizeable chunk of change. I'm thinking of going to the WS, and, being a Glockster. was considering a CZ. That meant new rig, mags and gun (plus mebbe a backup) all for the sake of two extra rounds.