Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Plains Shotgun Challenge 2010

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asked if I would recognize Modified division, and since the match will be an IPSC type match, if I can get 3 shooters signed up for that division I will recognize it. you will have to write the division in on your entry, and if I do not have the required number by the middle of March I will notify those signed up for it that they will have to make a decision to change equipment or division.

This decision was reached by the BOD for HPSC in less time than it took me to type this.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflol:

Trapr

Trapr,

As most of us probably don't know exactly what the equipment rules for Modified Pistol are, maybe you could shed some light here for all of us on what the equipment rules are for Modified Shotgun? I know where to look, but maybe others don't??

:cheers:

Thanks!

jj

Trapr,

As most of us probably don't know exactly what the equipment rules for Modified Pistol are, maybe you could shed some light here for all of us on what the equipment rules are for Modified Shotgun? I know where to look, but maybe others don't??

:cheers:

Thanks!

jj

I had no idea so I read the IPSC shotgun rules here http://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesShotgun.pdf and I'm still not sure what the difference is. I am seeing porting or compensators are allowed. Optics are not allowed. You can run a larger magazine tube and start with more rounds in the gun?

Basically you can start with over 9 shells in the gun, as many as you want really as long as the OAL of the gun doesnt exceed 1320mm long (I think). Using ext mags up to that length tends to mean a capacity of about 14 / 15 shells in total.

Jessie is right, ports and comps are allowed but no optics or loading devices.

Sounds like a good reason to buy a 14 round tube? My 11 rounder leaves my wanting more suddenly.

Are there typically a lot of ports or doors to go in and out of at this match? That long tube would be tough in close quarters.

Are the trips to the prize tables class dependant or do you walk through based on overall finish?

If you're talking about the Pan Am match, as I understand it there is no prize table. It's a medal match. I'll defer to Trapr on the High Plains match and whether they'll have a prize table.

Edited by cpty1

I was asked if I would recognize Modified division, and since the match will be an IPSC type match, if I can get 3 shooters signed up for that division I will recognize it. you will have to write the division in on your entry, and if I do not have the required number by the middle of March I will notify those signed up for it that they will have to make a decision to change equipment or division.

This decision was reached by the BOD for HPSC in less time than it took me to type this.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflol:

Trapr

What exactly is an "IPSC type match"?? Will it be IPSC rules or mostly IPSC rules?

Ok I'll try to do this in order, Modified equipment rules can be found at the site that has already been provided, differing from the norm: if your SG is going to fit in a particular division based on the equipment/modifications done to your gun we will put you in that class. i say differ because of the Box Mag gun being allowed in Limited so long as modification/enhancement wise it does not violate the rules of the division.

The prize table will be done by division. and HOA in each division will receive a plaque.

IPSC type match refers to the typical target presentations, start positions, and such that we deem as being appropriate for the match. Basically the U.S. has no idea of how to "precisely" use a shotgun in a practical sense, your typical match/stage for a shotgun here in the U.S. is at wide open targets just like you would a "hoser" pistol stage. Now Charles I do not want to let the cat out of the bag, so all I will say is that you will see stuff that Kurt and I have only seen at overseas IPSC shotgun matches, and at previous HPSC matches.

If you want to see firsthand, send in your application and I'll add you to the growing list of competitors. I do not know if the Pan Am will be your stereotypical U.S. shotgun match, if it is then you will probably be prepared for it, if it is set up as a true IPSC type PSG match then the only place in the U.S. that you can see what to expect will be at HPSC, because both the MD and RM have been there and done it, and go back every year because its so much freakin' fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trapr

Ok I'll try to do this in order, Modified equipment rules can be found at the site that has already been provided, differing from the norm: if your SG is going to fit in a particular division based on the equipment/modifications done to your gun we will put you in that class. i say differ because of the Box Mag gun being allowed in Limited so long as modification/enhancement wise it does not violate the rules of the division.

The prize table will be done by division. and HOA in each division will receive a plaque.

IPSC type match refers to the typical target presentations, start positions, and such that we deem as being appropriate for the match. Basically the U.S. has no idea of how to "precisely" use a shotgun in a practical sense, your typical match/stage for a shotgun here in the U.S. is at wide open targets just like you would a "hoser" pistol stage. Now Charles I do not want to let the cat out of the bag, so all I will say is that you will see stuff that Kurt and I have only seen at overseas IPSC shotgun matches, and at previous HPSC matches.

If you want to see firsthand, send in your application and I'll add you to the growing list of competitors. I do not know if the Pan Am will be your stereotypical U.S. shotgun match, if it is then you will probably be prepared for it, if it is set up as a true IPSC type PSG match then the only place in the U.S. that you can see what to expect will be at HPSC, because both the MD and RM have been there and done it, and go back every year because its so much freakin' fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trapr

Not trying to get off topic, but the the PanAmerican IPSC Shotgun Championship will be an IPSC match, in terms of rules, atmosphere, and stage design. I am VERY clear on how they are different from US style matches. It will not consist exclusively of high-round count, run & gun field courses with wide open targets. It will test all your shotgun skills.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Co-Match Director

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship

Thanks in advance for that offer Trapr :)

For sure the panam has my interest, both working and shooting the match.

Just yesterday i talked again with Patrick about attending,

looks like in 6 or 7 weeks we can make the final decision.

And a few of your german friends are looking out to this match as well. B)

Next to that i'll be awaiting the match call up by IROA to apply for officiating if possible.

Cheers

Adrie

if you and Chris are going to shoot Modified, that makes 2, so far...................one more and I'll recognize the division officially. Joe do you want to trade for a 21" barrel???? I just bought an M1 and I think it has a 26" barrel. they will interchange!!!!!

Trapr

• 3 weeks later...

Trapr, I am going to keep the 21" for Tactical. I think I may just get a 2nd gun. If I did the conversion right a modified barrel would be good at about 28 inches and a capacity somewhere between 11 and 13 rounds should be possible. I am shopping now. Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Nordic has confirmed that they will be match sponsors for next year, LaRue Tactical has also joined the team, more are confirming every week. The stages, yeah the stages I will try and get them sent to my webmaster to be uploaded to the website this year!!!!! :roflol:

The team event will be posted just as soon as we finalize the particulars, it will be fun to shoot and fun to watch, 3 shooters, 30.00 a team. You will not be required to sign up for the team event with your application, you can assemble your team at the last minute if you desire.

Merry Christmas, to all.............

Trapr