Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Ord P14

SHinck82

I am currently using Megar P16 mags and they hold 15 rounds as designed by Megar.

They are made pretty well except I had to sand the followers right around the slide stop area. Else they were slow to drop when empty and the slide down.

I have 9 of them, 5 nickle and 4 blue.

The one thing that stinks is they are slightly shorter that factory Para's. So I have not found aftermarket bases or extentions that will work.

The only reason I am using them is to meet New Jerseys's silly 15 round mag limit, else I would use geniune Para tubes.

For many years I shot Megars for my Browing HP. Never had any problems with them. Others I tried were junk (ProMag USA K Mag).

Good luck.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=623472

there is stuff out there, you will just have to determine what is legal for your purpose. You are probably restricted to 140mm tubes in most things you will shoot.

-Ruf

those are probably a no-go for USPSA. When I was running a P-14 using Para tubes and the now out of production Grams pads, I could only get 18 rounds in. The Dawson pads could possibly work.

Later,

Chuck

I believe MEGAR makes some. Their 10 rounders are better than Paras. I have not tried the 14 rounders.

FWIW

Richard

In the past I have used these (14 rn mags) with the dawson pad and trimming one coil from the spring and gotten 18 rounds reloadable, but the springs seem to wear out faster

I use the Para mags with the Dawson Para pads and get 18 in the mags. I bought some Megar mags but couldn't get them to work. I haven't tried the Dawson pads on them, I probably won't as they only held 13 and I had lots of malfunctions with them.

Recently I bought an SVI .45 mag. just to see if it would work. It does but the bottom of the mag catch hole is just a touch to low and allows the mag to go in just a bit too deep. No problem so far though as the mag pops down and runs good. But they are more expensive than the factory mags.

I have 3 factory Para mags with original factory springs and followers with Dawson Precision extentions and they hold 18 rounds reloadable. I have another Para mag I bought from CDNN for $30 and hace not had a single problem out of it. If you do order from CDNN they have the same shipping rate for 1 mag or 20 mags so buy in quantity if you can.

I get 17 (not reloadable) in Para P14 mags with Dawson extensions, Para body and follower and Wolf 140mm spring. With an ISMI spring, 16 and reloadable.

I picked up 2 ACT-MAGs to try out, and they work. Made in Italy, if that matters. Could only load 12 at first, now they hold 14. I have not tried a Dawson extension on them.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...
I don't knowabout the MecGar P14 mags however, the Mecgar P16 and P18 mags function reliably but do not allow the slide to stay open after firing the last round.

I would think guy could fix that with a follower