Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My limited M&P project

RWF

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you like the sights? I want to go with some sort of an adjustable rear / FO front and that looks like it might be a nice option.

i like them but the front sight is a little tall i think the Dawson .285 will be a better choice.

Robert

• 9 months later...

That looks incredible!

Not to be rude, but what would I have to spend(ballpark-ish) to get one of those built for myself? I'll be that is one sweet shooting blaster, that may be just the ticket for an upcoming project! Or I might say, 'excuse' for an upcoming project..

That looks incredible!

Not to be rude, but what would I have to spend(ballpark-ish) to get one of those built for myself? I'll be that is one sweet shooting blaster, that may be just the ticket for an upcoming project! Or I might say, 'excuse' for an upcoming project..

i really do not remember, the slide cuts was the one cheaper things about 75.00 about 150.00 for all the burwell work then all the parts from SSS.

Edited by RWF

Nicest looking M&P I've ever seen!

What height is the front sight?

What magazine extensions are you using?

in the picture it mat been the call for 305 but way to tall it has a 285 on it now, my other M & P's have the 265 which to me is a better choice.

taylor freelance from SSS

thanks.

Ok, so the billion dollar question is: HOW DOES IT RUN?

as good as it looks!

just wish i could i could shoot it that well. i can not remmeber any time i had a problem. i use have used it a benning, blue ridge in the storm and a lot at NTPS. and will using at both places again this year.no major/minor at the wildcat matches.

oh yes at 3 gun matches in Owensboro, ky.

• 2 months later...

i really do not remember but i think it was about a 0.5 oz. i was also hoping for one more cut but no one had any idea how much could be removed with out hurting the life of the slide. i hope this year to build a open M & P pro 9mm and will have more removed. this limited gun has had a few k rounds and the slide is doing great. i do not load so no extra soft rounds.

• 2 months later...

That's a great looking M&P. I just picked up the 9L as a host for a Silencer Co. Osprey 9mm suppressor, but I'd like to make a few mods to it as a back up for 3 Gun. I've ordered the SSS Magwell, TF Extensions, Apex Comp Trigger, and Dawson Sights. I was going to send it off for some very nice tactical cuts on the side and top of the slide.

Well, I shot it for the first time today and this thing recoils way more than my Glock 34 so I was searching to see if anyone has had some real weight taken out of the slide and my search fu led to this thread.

I'll be calling Springer Precison to get some work done. Thanks for all of the great information!

i can not say about the recoil vs the 34. but i do know that last year for the IDPA nationals we had a friend reload some of racing loads that he uses in his glock that just make PF in a 34 but in the wife's Pro the PF was over 135.

tighter barrels i guess.

I just sent my slide to Springer Precision to get the slide cuts to trip some weight. I was surprised how much more recoil the stock M&P9L has compared to my Glock 34. I look forward to comparing the two once I am done with the build.

• 1 month later...

Well just call me a copy cat. I got my slide back from Springer and the slide cuts and diamond black coating look great.

I have the Apex competition trigger, sear, kit, etc. and my frame is currently at Boresight Solutions for some stippling. The Taylor Freeland base pads/springs finally came in and I have the magwell as well.

Now if I could only find some M&P 9mm Mags!

I plan to do a black and tan Duracoat Spray on the frame (purely aesthetics because the SilencerCo Osprey Can is FDE).

I'll bring mine to Blue Ridge too if anyone wants to shoot it!

Edited by DMAC

Botachtactical just got some in stock... i think it's around $20 per magazine.

Well just call me a copy cat. I got my slide back from Springer and the slide cuts and diamond black coating look great.

I have the Apex competition trigger, sear, kit, etc. and my frame is currently at Boresight Solutions for some stippling. The Taylor Freeland base pads/springs finally came in and I have the magwell as well.

Now if I could only find some M&P 9mm Mags!

I plan to do a black and tan Duracoat Spray on the frame (purely aesthetics because the SilencerCo Osprey Can is FDE).

I'll bring mine to Blue Ridge too if anyone wants to shoot it!