Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2010

Don't get me wrong I like the prize table. And in this match as in others I am happy for the Loot I have received. An added bonus!

I also think that the Sponsors of this Sport, that Actively shoot this Sport, Are setting a stand behind their product, or in front With their product, that sets the standard for all Business.

JP Enterprises for example,,,, John exposes himself to people like me that will just walk up and talk to him. Good or bad.

Try that with, any Pro Golfer, NFL, NBA,,,, GM, Ford????? it is not going to happen,,

But I don't shoot 3 Gun for the Prize table.

I shoot it Because!!!! Its 3 Gun! Its challenging,, Its fun I get to play with my Toys and I like it! :cheers:

If it wasn't for some of the people you have to put up with 3 Gun would be perfect! :lol:

(I.E) If you don't understand,, my Sarcastic / Irony,,, I don’t know who you have been squading with? :devil:

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK I just got home from an extra week in Colorado with my Dad after the match.

What a great match ! the RM3G is on my "Must Shoot" list for next year and the folowing years.

Even with a torn up leg muscle every stage was good, and targets you could see and RO that ran fair stages -equal opertunity for all-

I read a few post and just found out that * I would get a Match Pin *! Yippee! I admit to being a bit Bummed out about finishing 19th in Lim optic and not getting a pin = Thanks for the "Fix"

I knew what the prize table draw would be before the match , and my first thought was the Saying " The harder you try to -Fix- some problems the worst they get "

I shot on a squad with Jerry M. and Tony H , both shooters had some large equipment failures on more than just one stage.

So when the top Open shooter is no closer than 4% of the top limited shooter ,= the scores get pushed strange.

I am very Very happy with the match

I don't know much and I just don't see how one prize table could work for a game that has such a wide range in equipment.

I was 19th in limited optic and went to the table in the 69th place and shot my best 3 gun match so far. I am happy but just a bit confused as to is the fix better or worst than the problem

thanks to all that worked so hard to make this match what it was. = I feel so spoiled now after getting to shoot this match

Thanks

Jamie

I read a few post and just found out that * I would get a Match Pin *! Yippee! I admit to being a bit Bummed out about finishing 19th in Lim optic and not getting a pin = Thanks for the "Fix"

The "fix" had nothing to do with the pins that JP handed out. You had to finish 75% or better in your division to get one. Looks like you finished at 69.40%. Thats why you didn't get a pin.

Doug

Edit - Jamie, I read your "Thanks for the "Fix" as sarcasm when you were giving an honest thanks, sorry. Doug

Edited by Doug H.

No disrespect Doug, but to qualify for the pin you had to finish in the top 25% of your division. For example, if there were 200 shooters in your division and you finished 1 thru 50, you would get a pin. At least that's how I understood it.

No disrespect Doug, but to qualify for the pin you had to finish in the top 25% of your division. For example, if there were 200 shooters in your division and you finished 1 thru 50, you would get a pin. At least that's how I understood it.

Pins were given by % placement. So if you shot 75% or better of Horner in Tac Ops you got a pin.

Pins were given by % placement. So if you shot 75% or better of Horner in Tac Ops you got a pin.

They were, but there was an error. Go read post #333 from Denise for the full explanation.

This year pins WERE given by your % of the winner, which after a conversation with JP a week later we learned that was not his intent. They were to be given out to the top 25% of finishers in each division, regardless of your % of the winner. This was the way SOf gave them out, they had 200 shooters and the pins were given to the top 50, and JP wanted to continue that tradition. so...we are fixing it by awarding the pins to those who should have received them...

See Benelli Chick's post, #333 dated 16 August, in this thread.

jj

This year pins WERE given by your % of the winner, which after a conversation with JP a week later we learned that was not his intent. They were to be given out to the top 25% of finishers in each division, regardless of your % of the winner. This was the way SOf gave them out, they had 200 shooters and the pins were given to the top 50, and JP wanted to continue that tradition. so...we are fixing it by awarding the pins to those who should have received them...

See Benelli Chick's post, #333 dated 16 August, in this thread.

jj

Serves me right for not reading every post. Considering the vast amount of prizes, awards and the 3 Gun Nation shootoffs, I'm surprised there were no other problems. Glad you two are trying to make it right as a lot of other folks really wanted a pin.

Doug

Whatever happens with the prize table, keep one thing in mind: Whatever you get, be it a JP CTR02 or a $10 Brownells gift certificate, it's more than you had when you got there. Its a bonus, free, gratis. I think we are all putting too much emphasis on the FREE GIFTS we got for participating in the match, and not the competition itself. Truly, do you go to Raton every year for what you might loot off the table, or do you go because its one of the best, if not the best, match of the year? And for 95% of the shooters, its a "shoot and scoot", not like you had to get there early in the morning and set up stages, shoot, and tear em down when you're done. Be thankful of what you got out of the event. I am. I know I had some reservations posted in an earlier post on this thread, but dammit this crying about FREE stuff is gettin' a little out of hand.

Denise and JJ, after all the criticism I dont blame you if there isn't a prize table next year. But if you build another great match, I'll be there.

+ 1 to what Ken said. After practice ammo, match ammo, travel, lodging, food, and everything else that goes into a match like this, how many folks do you think came out ahead? I'd venture to say maybe only the Army and Marine shooters and that's a big, big maybe. Prizes are really cool to win but shooting the match is much better. I shot the Johnson 3 gun all three years and would go every year if they still had it. I think the division winners got a few bucks in addition to trophies the last year. That's not why I kept going back.

OK I got in late on the thread so thats why I posted in, and I 95% agree with Ken about Prize tables. My opinions of prize tables has evolved over the years. & I even ran a "Pies Table" match with apple and pecan Pies.

But as far as I know , at this match RM3G match , that this is the first time this method of One table was try-ed. And I don't think a discussion ,or mention of a new method should be a Taboo subject.

I liked the match , and what I got as a gift. I think it is still worth the three = weeks it will take me to recover for my mistake of not stretching my Leg muscles.

My thoughts work against me some times , but my intent is Benevolent

One way to com-pair my thoughts would be = I have been married 23 years and I can still make an observation of when a girl is shaped good, with out disrespecting my wife.

Or at a party that has Ice-cream for desert after the meal, and the Ice-cream is set out the same time as the salad. the observation would be " It would be better if the ice-cream stayed in the freezer just a bit longer." Free gift Ice-cream is nice ,... cold Ice-cream is better. I happen to think more than one prize table would be cool / better

I still like melted ice-cream though =Thank you

Jamie

Edited by AlamoShooter

Jamie, first, I appreciate the thanks you offered at the match! For me, having numerous shooters tell me how great the match was is one of the main things that keeps me coming back for 10 days every year (and yes, I do get 2 days of shooting fun) not to mention the additional time and effort before and after the match. Also, I know I put in a fraction of what JJ and Denise put in. That is one of the reasons that the prize table issue is so frustrating...we really want to, and try to, make the match challenging and rewarding for all shooters from the top to the bottom of the results list. As I said before, we will look at the prize table process and I am confident it will be better next year. I've run numerous scenarios based on analysis of the scores from 2008, 2009 and 2010 and made some initial observations which will help give the Match Director some data upon which to make a decision for next year. It might not be perfect, but it will be better.

PS. Working on that scattergun stuff ;)

If the prize table was so terribly important to me, I would stay home, save all the $ I spent to get to the match, the $ for the food/lodging/ammo, etc, and buy what I want. I was near the bottom of Heavy Metal iron, and left with enough stuff to gratify me. I am looking forward to the 2011 RM3G, and plan to again shoot Heavy Metal Iron.More practice, and a new Rx for contacts, and maybe I can earn a coveted JP pin. Denise, JJ, and the ROs at RM3G are the finest!

I kind of feel like the person that has said " The King has not clothes" I think this event and my experience at the event was first Class and sets the bar so high that a record would be set just by touching it. to pretend the prize table is not important , does a disservice to all that contributed to it, and efforts that went in to making sure it was close to the best , if not The Best.

My bet is that even professional Full time promoters could not match what the Johnson's have accomplished.

I don't know if the prize order was flawed , I just said it confused me as to if it was better than a two or three div table. I don't think I would have ended up with anything better than what I got = Cuzz What I got was very Cool ! and I am happy.

The JP event pin will mean more to me than any prize. I Like the Idea of having both

So chop off my head, or tar and feather me , better yet lock me in the stock and throw rotten vegetables at me.

I like separate divisions and separate tables

My only real shooting skill is ..Observation

I kind of feel like the person that has said " The King has not clothes" I think this event and my experience at the event was first Class and sets the bar so high that a record would be set just by touching it. to pretend the prize table is not important , does a disservice to all that contributed to it, and efforts that went in to making sure it was close to the best , if not The Best.

My bet is that even professional Full time promoters could not match what the Johnson's have accomplished.

I don't know if the prize order was flawed , I just said it confused me as to if it was better than a two or three div table. I don't think I would have ended up with anything better than what I got = Cuzz What I got was very Cool ! and I am happy.

The JP event pin will mean more to me than any prize. I Like the Idea of having both

So chop off my head, or tar and feather me , better yet lock me in the stock and throw rotten vegetables at me.

I like separate divisions and separate tables

My only real shooting skill is ..Observation

I don't think your comments come across as whining. FWIW

Some people offer polite, constructive criticism. Some people whine.

Edited by J-Ho

Ya know one of the coolest things was a 500+ yard shot and a 611 yards target and I did not hear even one comment = written or verbal that mentioned the targets as any thing other than Good

It was real cool to have the longer shots and lots -All- of rifle shots that had you saying to your self ....." I can make that" and to feel a sense of accomplishment by completing a stage.

Years of shooting handgun matches and going to a three gun match to get my most challenging, & rewarding hand-gun stage.

It was cool being inspired by top shooters having to fight equipment problems and keep a cool head and polite manner. makes me try harder to grow- up

did already say? NO one complained about the longer shots =That was cool

The different 3gun matches have a personality all their own. its not practical or fair to compare this match to any other. The difference is wide & refreshing,like compariing an Island vacation to a mountain vacation

Did I say I liked the longer shots?

eddit to add " If you haven't been to RM3G you just don't know" Its like trying to describe a French Kiss to a 10 year old

Thanks to All of the crew at RM3G , I feel like I have new sisters and brothers

Edited by AlamoShooter

I want to apologize to all the competitors who are having issues with their firearms being shipped.

I have been hosed over by UPS...again.

After I triple checked with UPS to be sure that my estimates were correct and my procedures were followed...to the letter,

I was charged more to ship your packages than I had estimated to you at the FFL table.

Some of you have been sent an email explaining the problems I encountered...I still have a few left to send.

I want to thank each of you who have graciously agreed to send me the difference in price.

Again, I want to apologize as some of you ended-up paying an outrageous shipping fee!

We did not charge anyone for the FFL transfer but are just trying to break even with shipping and boxes.

There are still a few yet to be shipped and I plan to use the Post Office instead of UPS to keep the fees lower.

I will email you the information you need.

Thank you for your understanding.

~Nanci

Nanci,

You have nothing to apologise for! You have been most judicious at dealing with shipping our winnings, and graciously paid the difference up front, instead of contacting everyone to get the balance remaining before shipping them out. You and your husband are a class act indeed! Thanks for dealing with all the nonsense involved with shipping our firearms! I hope this doesn't scare you away for next year ( and now you have our FFl on file).

Just got the thank-you from the Wounded Warrior project.

Since all of you are the ones who contributed, I wanted you to receive the thank-you.

"In this time of war, few things are more vital than reaching out to America's Wounded troops as you did with your generous gift.

For these troops, many of them young adults, your patriotic kindness means a hand up as they begin new lives after severe injuries and trauma. As a partner in the Wounded Warrior Project mission to honor and empower wounded warriors, you help these men and women move back into the mainstream of the great American life they protected for you and me,

As soon as wounded warriors leave the war zone and arrive at a hospital, you're at their bedsides hand-in-hand eith WWP. Through a broad spectrum of WWP programs, you stay with the wounded throughout recovery. Many people use the phrase, "Support the Troops," but you put those words into action as combat-injured troops work to build new lives.

Imagine a warrior who sacrificed limbs or sight in Iraq or Afghanistan now skiing down the side of a mountain, starting college, helping a fellow warrior, or beginning a new job! (or shooting 3-Gun---my add on) Expressing the power of your recent gift to WWP, whose images come to mind as I offer my gratitude to you today. You have my deepest appreciation."

Thanks so much to all of you who contributed and to the marines and others who collected funds. You are so generous!

3-Gunners are the most amazing people in the world! :cheers: