Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shotgun reload times, open, mag fed, tac auto and pump

bigbrowndog

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here is another one I dreamt up last night, how many rounds can you get loaded????????????

Start, US popper and pigeon flipper, 2 rounds in gun, shoot popper and load as many as you can AND hit the clay before it hits the ground.

I await your answers??????

obviously the straight in and out box mags "should" be able to get quite a bit, but since they don't seem to reply lets see who can get the most. stay cool under the timer!!!!!!!!

trapr

Trapr: Send this to Tom Knapp and maybe you can be invited onto his show. I am tired or watching him shoot veggies :wacko:

here you can see how box fed guns do it at the European chamionships shotgun 2009

movie

they are pretty fast :surprise:

and here is German champion Dirk Frey shooting stage 15

That was interesting, I found this one even more so

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vsevolod72#p/a/u/2/4fSv0f2OiUc

I personally have not seen anything like that here in the states yet.

Edited by cold

That was stage 2 at the ESC last month in the CZ republick....

The team he is shooting for and the mag he is using is the 'Maxpower' 20 round mag for Seiga / Merlot AK type guages.

They were pretty fast but on that 15 round stage he shot in 14 seconds, most standard class shooters shot it in 18 to 20 seconds

They were fast but not lightspeed fast.

They were fast but not lightspeed fast

You see the overall winner Vadlac in that movie and he kicked some ass in open class but did have a lot off mikes in the entire match ,he did win the match just because he is extremly fast.

You could not shoot stage 2 any faster because you had to wait on the mover vadlac did shoot it in 14.58 and won this stage ,the winner in standard shot it in 20

The same guy also came in secondplace on the european rifle championships in Norway and is also a good pistol shooter,it would be nice to see him shoot a major 3 gun match :surprise:

Edited by patrickbeijer

Russell, I used a 28" popper?? and got about 15 feet per launch, you can vary that by hitting it with a 4dram load and propelling it down and then load and reengage. but 15ft was a good average for a 3 dram 1 1/8oz load.

I got three loaded but was not consistent in getting the clay hit, before it reached the ground.

Trapr

• 2 months later...

I went out with Robert from R&R on Monday and tried some reloads with the new magwell. I can't seem to get below 2 seconds but Robert had several. Here are some videos. At the beep, shoot one, reload 12, shoot one.

Doug

Here is a bunch of Saiga action!

Edited by Doug H.

I went out with Robert from R&R on Monday and tried some reloads with the new magwell. I can't seem to get below 2 seconds but Robert had several. Here are some videos. At the beep, shoot one, reload 12, shoot one.

Doug

Here is a bunch of Saiga action!

YA, : but there still ugly :cheers:

• 11 months later...

I'm a little late to the party but better here than another thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHHl0uJj5_c

looks good! Have you tried it with a par timer?

Nope - a timer is on my list of things to buy.

First I need a rifle barrel that shoots better than 4 MOA so I can stop borrowing my friend's rifles :lol: . Hopefully I'll be shooting someone's rifle next year. :cheers:

Dyno,

Nicely done, really smooth. Who makes those shell caddies?

If I'm not mistaken, DyNo makes those caddies himself

Yup, they're home-rolled and are currently holding me back from improving. Up until now they were adequate but only metal will do now. I've got a set of Ottos backordered and hopefully they will be in soon. They still work fine if you don't want to pull any faster than that and I'll keep them around for the new shooters I bring to local matches.

Specs here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=9&f=13&t=229858

Dyno,

Nicely done, really smooth. Who makes those shell caddies?

If I'm not mistaken, DyNo makes those caddies himself

Yup, they're home-rolled and are currently holding me back from improving. Up until now they were adequate but only metal will do now. I've got a set of Ottos backordered and hopefully they will be in soon. They still work fine if you don't want to pull any faster than that and I'll keep them around for the new shooters I bring to local matches.

Specs here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=9&f=13&t=229858

If those caddies were holding you back in the video we are all screwed when you get the "good" ones. :cheers:

Edited by jtischauser