Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Music that you listen to over and over

benos

zhunter's fun "over and over" movie thread inspired this, obviously. ;)

Some of the music that I really loved as youngster is still REALLY good. And some of it - that I liked just as much then - I can't really get into anymore.

A good example for me with bands - I liked Yes and Emerson, Lake, and Palmer about the same I would say. A little bit of a nod to Yes though. But today, some old yes I still really like, but not so much for any ELP.

And then within the same bands... a few old James Gang songs still really do it for me... and then some just sound dated, I think I'm over them.

One of my lifetime all time favorites is Jethro Tull. And recently I've really re-discovered some of their awesome old (pre-Aqualung) stuff. I attached a Playlist I've been tuning on for a couple weeks - it's just killer. If you like the old Tull stuff try it out. And even if you've never listened to it, it's still great music. His lyrics are off the charts - beautiful, meaningful, and cryptic all at the same time. I've been trying to figure out the meaning behind the song Witch's Promise for 30 years, and it still eludes me.

So what's your favorite old time music that you still listen to today?

be

post-171-1251246131_thumb.jpg

Yup, Tull is cool. I first saw them ~1968 on the same bill as Savoy Brown and Led Zeppelin (for $5) at the Electric Theater in Chicago.

Back on the subject, there are a lot of tunes that I like that just keep going but I have a soft spot for "Intro/Sweet Jane" from the Lou Reed album "Rock and Roll Animal". That is probably the best intro ever recorded.

LAter,

Chuck

PS: Brian, You don't like "Nothing is easy?"

stuff i keep hearing over and over

old metallica

pantera

some GNR

Dead kennedys

The Clash

Ramones

bad religion

minor threat

tool

sex pistols

NOFX

rancid

revolution mother

anti flag

rage against the machine

texas hippy colalition

those are the top ones i have been listening off the top of my head.

There have been some great threads. First the movie thread now the music thread.

I like all kind of music, Light rock, heavy metal, pop and R&B. Here lately I have been listening to MeatLoaf, Def Leppard, Damn Yankees and of course my all time favorite group THE DOORS.

I guess I am a bit more of a hippie than most. Allman Bros and Widespread Panic are hard to turn off. Panic's Light Fuse,Get Away and Valdosta,Ga Live in '89 are usually right at the top of my playlist. Metallica from the black album back is always good (Yes I am one of the few that loved the black album although And Justice is probably my fave!)

Van Hagar gets played pretty often. Third Day is another great Ga. Band (Christian)

Yup, Tull is cool. I first saw them ~1968 on the same bill as Savoy Brown and Led Zeppelin (for $5) at the Electric Theater in Chicago.

Back on the subject, there are a lot of tunes that I like that just keep going but I have a soft spot for "Intro/Sweet Jane" from the Lou Reed album "Rock and Roll Animal". That is probably the best intro ever recorded.

LAter,

Chuck

PS: Brian, You don't like "Nothing is easy?"

Yea, I really like it... but part of that Playlist's criteria was that it would fit on a CD.

And yea, the Sweet Jane intro is pretty kiler.

b

I guess I need to ask the question....What do you consider "old time music?"

I like a lot of the 60's and 70's era stuff.

CCR, James Taylor, etc

I grew up listening to all this stuff on an old 8 track player in my mothers car.

But I like a lot of new and old. Country, Rock, Metal it just depends on the mood that I'm in.

I guess I need to ask the question....What do you consider "old time music?"

I like a lot of the 60's and 70's era stuff.

CCR, James Taylor, etc

James Taylor, definitely. His older stuff is awesome.

be

Pulldown file and select print:

post-2179-1251380298_thumb.jpg

Then select the type of listing you want:

post-2179-1251380329_thumb.jpg

To print to pdf, you need a pdf writer. I've got real Adobe Acrobat; there are other pdf writers out there, as well.

Looking at this, it's also interesting that you can print a cd jewel case cover.

Pulldown file and select print:

post-2179-1251380298_thumb.jpg

Then select the type of listing you want:

post-2179-1251380329_thumb.jpg

To print to pdf, you need a pdf writer. I've got real Adobe Acrobat; there are other pdf writers out there, as well.

Looking at this, it's also interesting that you can print a cd jewel case cover.

Thanks!

BTW

Primo PDF is a nice free program for pdf creation.

It doesn't put any website ads at the bottom of the document like some of the others I've used over the years.

Once you get a program that creates odf, go file > print and choose the pdf creation program. Then save it to where you want.

Primo PDF is a nice free program for pdf creation.

It doesn't put any website ads at the bottom of the document like some of the others I've used over the years.

Once you get a program that creates odf, go file > print and choose the pdf creation program. Then save it to where you want.

Thanks for the tip. Here's my list of songs rated 5 stars - no one decade or genre can contain them:

5_Star_Classics.pdf