Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slip2000 gun oil

Mo Zee

Does anyone have experience with the slip2000 products? I am looking for one type of oil to use on my open super, ar15 and semi auto shotgun.

If I dont go with the slip 2000 oil, would 10w30 motor oil suffice as some people say the viscosity is good.

Does anyone have experience with the slip2000 products? I am looking for one type of oil to use on my open super, ar15 and semi auto shotgun.

If I dont go with the slip 2000 oil, would 10w30 motor oil suffice as some people say the viscosity is good.

Slip 2000 is very good, I prefer FP-10 :cheers:

Slip 2000 seems to work well. So does FP-10. So does 10W30, for that matter ;) I've been using Weapon Shield lately - it works well, but seems to burn off quicker than FP-10 for whatever reason. Smells good, though.

Slip 2000 Carbon Remover does a great job on carbon buildup in comps and whatnot, FWIW...

I've gone through a number of products over the last few years and now have pretty much standardized on either SLIP2000 or SLIP EWL for handguns, rifles and shotguns, with a little Slide Glide for Glock connectors, etc. The EWL seems to do a really good job on AR-15s, just like Pat Rogers said it would ;)

Works for me, YMMV.

Curtis

I have been using Slip2000 for over four years now and love the stuff. The nice thing is that even the Slip2000 oil does a darned good job removing carbon build up in my comp unlike anything else I have ever tried.

Joe W.

Thanks for the responses, but I am still torn between motor oil and slip products. I think I am going to try out the motor oil first before I place the order...

Larry - Does it have to be mobil 1, i think I might find it a bit diffucult to find here (South Africa), but there are other synthetic oils such as castrol etc, available in the same viscosity... Will that be ok???

Most all the major brands are basicly the same, additives may be a little diffrent. Mobil One , Castoroil, Valvo;ine, I would use any of them. And a quart cost six or seven bucks and will last for years.-----------Larry

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using mobil 1 for 3 years now with no problems concerning lubrication, corrosion, etc. A fellow shooter told me about super lube at ace hardware, really cheap and really works. This stuff is incredible. He is an engineer and explained to me how a lot of lubes don't even print their specs so you have idea what your getting. But this super lube is off the charts on specs, just great stuff.

I use Castrol Syntec 5W-40 because that's what my car uses. I just ask the mechanic for the bottles after the oil change and drain the left over into a smaller bottle. I now have enough to last me for years. I haven't touched my bottle of FP-10 since.