Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Incident with a Dillon 550 B

Paul Burtchell

As fast as the human mind works, it is amazing to me how long it takes for you to realize that you are screaming and to let the pressure off the handle. Seems like it takes...I don't know, two, three days or so :surprise:

dj

f*#k'n OUCH......hope your finger is ok.

Thanks. Amazingly, no real damage. Just a very sore finger and purplish colored fingernail. It's unreal how flat your finger can get smashed without incurring serious damage. :roflol:

Edited by baerburtchell

f*#k'n OUCH......hope your finger is ok.

Thanks. Amazingly, no real damage. Just a very sore finger and purplish colored fingernail. It's unreal how flat your finger can get smashed without incurring serious damage. :roflol:

Glad to hear your finger is ok. I would have squealed like a little girl.

It's unreal how flat your finger can get smashed without incurring serious damage.

Indeed. Many years ago, I managed to close a car door with the end of my thumb caught between the upper door frame and the roof. I actually didn't know I had done it until I found my hand wouldn't move. Didn't hurt - until I opened the door. Sat there starting at a thumb like you see in a cartoon - flattened and visibly throbbing. I was astounded that there was no real damage.

We have a friend that has an automated 1050.

He had a nice 9mm diameter hole in the tip of one finger.

Can you say Ouch!

Now, the big question, is it a firearms related injury OR is it a machinery incident? One is far more paperwork than the other.

BTW, he has healed and is back to loading, albeit a bit more carefully.

Jim

I have not been bitten by the seating die but I have run the depriming pin through my finger once. No fun at all.

Joe W.

Dang, I guess I'm pretty lucky compared to what some of ya'll have done. Ouch !!!!

LOL I have done worse. Was stapling some targets up one night and couldn't see the stick too well so I was feeling for it with my hand. You got it, the staple missed the wood and went through TWO fingers form the under side (staple was poking out of my fingernails on both fingers) but I didn't realize what had happened until I pulled my hand back around the target and saw the blood. THEN I noticed the holes in my fingernails and about passed out. And it wasn't just the tips of my fingers the holes were half way up my fingernails.

Joe W.

I have not been bitten by the seating die but I have run the depriming pin through my finger once. No fun at all.

Joe W.

Dang, I guess I'm pretty lucky compared to what some of ya'll have done. Ouch !!!!

LOL I have done worse. Was stapling some targets up one night and couldn't see the stick too well so I was feeling for it with my hand. You got it, the staple missed the wood and went through TWO fingers form the under side (staple was poking out of my fingernails on both fingers) but I didn't realize what had happened until I pulled my hand back around the target and saw the blood. THEN I noticed the holes in my fingernails and about passed out. And it wasn't just the tips of my fingers the holes were half way up my fingernails.

Joe W.

Oh yeah, I have done the stapler deal. I remember looking around to see who would notice the spurting finger, and wondering to myself who can you blame for be sooo stupid.