Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

where can I find Piru results ?

kdiver58

Congratulations to Max Michel. He cut about 3 seconds off his 2008 time - enough to land him the win. And also congrats to Max for his 10.76 "5 to Go" time. That's killer (even with an Open gun). ;)

And I didn't notice this for a bit - scroll down the page and the classes are displayed individually.

be

Those guys who won say like the CDP division or the SSP division, do they get anything prize-wise?

What kind of stipulations are required to shoot in those divisions?

Concealment garment?

And the shotgun stage or stages... is that falling steel, shot with birdshot?

BE-

Thanks for the congrats.

Yes, I shot our 1911 Single Stack SIG SAUER in 38 super put together by Dan Bedell as we don't offer a 1911 Open gun as of yet. This was the first year I shot a single stack and fell in love with it in training. This pistol and other models will be available soon.

I am honored to join such an elite group of Jethro, Doug, and Burner as the only shooters to capture the cup 3 times. I look forward to training for my 4th!

Take care,

M2

As impressive as Max shot, I also have to give kudo's to top female as well. Jessie Abbate, 18th overall and 14th open. :cheers: Wow. And if I counted right 37th overall and 9th limited. Glad I wasn't there, I'd have gotten my butt kicked by a girl.

Dwight

Edited by Dwight Stearns

BE-

Thanks for the congrats.

Yes, I shot our 1911 Single Stack SIG SAUER in 38 super put together by Dan Bedell as we don't offer a 1911 Open gun as of yet. This was the first year I shot a single stack and fell in love with it in training. This pistol and other models will be available soon.

I am honored to join such an elite group of Jethro, Doug, and Burner as the only shooters to capture the cup 3 times. I look forward to training for my 4th!

Take care,

M2

Max, don't go telling everybody about those magic cigars (though I think they had little to do with either victory) ;) but everyone I have given one to has won a major shortly after.

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd share a video I made of the Super Squad on the last stage, Accelerator, of the Open Match.

I also broke down the results of the Top 3 women in each of the divisions and a match recap on my blog (www.juliegolob.com/news). Lots of talented junior ladies coming up and it was great to see some proven champions giving Steel Challenge a try this year.

Congrats to all the winners!!!

All the best,

Julie

• 2 weeks later...
Those guys who won say like the CDP division or the SSP division, do they get anything prize-wise?

What kind of stipulations are required to shoot in those divisions?

Concealment garment?

And the shotgun stage or stages... is that falling steel, shot with birdshot?

The winners of the IDPA categories either receive guns or cash. ESP and SSP usually award guns for 1-3 place and CDP usually gets cash. This year, prizes were awarded only to the top 2 finishers.

No concealment. IDPA rules for holster, holster placement, magazine capacity, and gun configuration.

It'll be interesting, now that there is a "production" class. Will shooters get divided up between limited, production, and IDPA? Will they keep IDPA around? I sure hope they keep IDPA around. Next year, I see more "limited" shooters moving to production, and it'll be a "pro" dominated class, like open, limited, and iron sight revolver.

Seiichi