Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another question about the Nats....

joecichlid

I'm going to assume that that means 306 rounds total for the entire 3 days (lim/lim10/rev), not 306 per day correct?

306 for the Open/Production match, and another 306 for Limited/Lim10/Revolver.

Not 306 per day.

Unless something major comes up, the stages should be posted tomorrow. We were tasked with a 16 stage match, due to space limitations at DSRPC. 306 rounds is the round count. Nobody involved in the production of this match picked the venue. If you want a bigger match, I suggest you contact the USPSA president and voice your concerns.

Troy

Unless something major comes up, the stages should be posted tomorrow. We were tasked with a 16 stage match, due to space limitations at DSRPC. 306 rounds is the round count. Nobody involved in the production of this match picked the venue. If you want a bigger match, I suggest you contact the USPSA president and voice your concerns.

Troy

We appreciate everything you're doing. Thanks.

In my opinion the number of rounds in a competition is not the deciding factor. It's the design of the stages and the competition between shooters that makes for a great match. I can't wait for this one...

Big thanks to all those involved in this years Nationals

:bow:

Boz, thanks for the offer. I still need to get ahold of a chrono sometime in the next few days but I feel I am safely above the 165 PF, I just want to double check it. If for some reason things don't work out I might wind up splitting my ammo between my two bags and pray they don't check them both. lol With the lower round count this year I think 500 rounds should be enough unless I have to reshoot every stage. :roflol:

*taps his foot and looks at his watch* Is it Friday yet? lol I am dying to see what the stages look like. A huge thanks to all the staff as I know how tough it is to put this match together.

Joe W.

Yeah, I hear ammo might be a good thing to have. lol I am thinking about shipping it to the hotel, they do charge $10 for anything under 30 pounds but it might be worth it to save time on Friday. I will let you know for sure in the next few days though.

Joe W

This is my first nationals and I ordered match ammo. The website says : " the ammo will be shipped directly to the match for distribution at the event".

do we pick up the ammo sept 11 during registration at the match hotel or do we pick them up at the range just before the start of the match?

You'll pick it up at the hotel during registration. There is a little paperwork and sampling involved.

Troy

Thanks. see you guys at the nationals

Raul

Well, I am disappointed that a USPSA Nationals is just 16 stages. I used Google Earth and it appears we are not using 6 very large bays on the West side of the range at all. Sounds a bit strange to me. WTF?

Lee

Well, I am disappointed that a USPSA Nationals is just 16 stages. I used Google Earth and it appears we are not using 6 very large bays on the West side of the range at all. Sounds a bit strange to me. WTF?

Lee

Please see post #30 above.

I know the squad schedule is listed in the Nationals page.

When do we find out about the squad # or who shoots with who (i.e. squad list)?

Hopefully soon, there is a show I would like to get tickets for but I want to make sure the following morning I'm not shooting...........may need a little extra sleep :ph34r:

looks like some good stages. Straight forward stuff. Limtied/L10/Revolver doesn't look so good for L10 allot of 6 reload six stages. No crazy 40 yard head shots surrounded by no shoots this year. No strong hand weak hand (I do like those stages). Lots of hands a sides starts (haven't seen many of these this year). A solid straight forward match in Sin City what more could you ask for???

Does anyone have an idea of the bay dimensions? Just curious what the max shot distances may be.

Thanks to all the folks working their tails off setting up and getting ready for NAT's!!!!!

Lee

Blame the host range for changing the number of bays available. It was originally scheduled as an 18 stage match.

Rather than blame anyone, lets look at the positives. We are going to shoot Nationals and for some it may be the only one they ever shoot. I'm sure the host club and the entire Nationals stff have :cheers: been working very hard getting this match going and I for one want to thank them in advance. Let's all go the Vegas, shoot a bunch and have fun!

Rather than blame anyone, lets look at the positives. We are going to shoot Nationals and for some it may be the only one they ever shoot. I'm sure the host club and the entire Nationals stff have :cheers: been working very hard getting this match going and I for one want to thank them in advance. Let's all go the Vegas, shoot a bunch and have fun!

+100! These matches are a huge challenge for those trying to plan, schedule, execute and then clean up after the match. They deserve our support and immense thanks. :bow:

Does anyone know what kind of range surface they have? Is it lose sand, hard packed sand, lose dirt, hard packed dirt, gravel or other? Trying to figure out which shoes I need to bring for the match.

Joe W.

The surface is caliche rock covered with loose rock. Kletes or Tac boots work fine here. I shoot in both. I've got a ton of vids posted at:

http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/pp352/z...ity%20Shooters/

You guys can email me directly also with any questions at rayw@americanshooters.com

I'll also post when I know what the plan is for the ammo. Not sure if we're bringing it to the hotel or the range or neither. The minute I get confirmation I'll post here and on the USPSA Nat's web page.

Thanks,

Ray

Edited by zenshootist