Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baby Eagle - Jericho 941

This would appear to be GOOD news. CD is a responsive company: case in point, they recently introduced an AR-15 with features included based on the input from the shooting community.

They are also trying to introduce a version of the IMI/IWI Tavor rifle to the US market.

I only called Magnum research ONCE to ask about Jericho parts. Draw your own conclusion.

BTW - the Jericho is one of the finest 75s made. IWI/IMI sources the raw frame and slide from Italy, thanks to Tanfoglio. All other work is done in Israel.

Edited by Carlos

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the heads-up. Sent an email to CD, I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat if they had the safety in the right place.

Every now and then you can find one. I have only run across one full sized with the frame safety but quite a few of the compact guns. If I remember right the full sized with the frame safety was still marked Uzi America. I can't remember how long ago they were brought in under that name.

They are also trying to introduce a version of the IMI/IWI Tavor rifle to the US market.

I hope if this does happen, that the production remains in Israel. I doubt we'd be able to import these rifles from the US. As it stands, we can currently import them direct from Israel when the moon and stars align and they have semi-auto models ready to ship.

Everybody needs to bug Daly to bring the Jericho with the frame mounted safety on it. Great gun for those of us with smaller hands.

The initial reports called for CD to be importing the frame-mounted safety variant. However, some kind of complication arose, and so they are only importing the slide-mounted safety versions for now. Word is that if the sales are solid, they will start importing the frame-mounted safety versions down the road a bit. So hopefully we will get to see the frame-mounted safety Jerichos here in the States soon enough.

Just wondering how the baby eagles compare to the CZ and the EAA (Tanfoglio). I know they are similar platforms. Also the CZ .45 has a screw in barrel bushing, but do the baby eagle .45's have this as well?

Just wondering how the baby eagles compare to the CZ and the EAA (Tanfoglio). I know they are similar platforms. Also the CZ .45 has a screw in barrel bushing, but do the baby eagle .45's have this as well?

My baby eagle compared to my friends CZ-75 (military contract overrun, so keep that in mind)

-He was going through a slide stop about every 7500-1000 rounds. I'm still on my first one with a round count pushing 14k.

-Baby eagle's trigger was much nicer out of the box. A lot smoother pull, a little lighter pull.

-Accuracy was similar, with a slight edge to the baby eagle, mainly because it is a heavier gun and the trigger was better. Inherent accuracy without the shooter-gun interface an issue was probably the same.

-Machining was nicer on the BE.

-BE had a chromed barrel and was REALLY easy to clean up.

-BE lets more mags drop free than the CZ despite tinkering with the mag brake spring thing on the CZ.

-drop safety on BE had noticable less affect on the trigger pull than the CZs drop safety.

Basically it is a pretty solid cz clone, especially if you like a heavy frame and heavy gun.

The compact .45 from MRI did not have a bushing. It was also not really built on a large frame like the cz 97b.

Thanks for the reply, its good to have the info as a comparison. Now I have to find out if the CD baby eagle remains on the CA "safe-list" or is it removed because of the different distributor. Now are the internals similar enough that a CZ gunsmith magician can make the trigger go from good to great?

Thanks for the reply, its good to have the info as a comparison. Now I have to find out if the CD baby eagle remains on the CA "safe-list" or is it removed because of the different distributor. Now are the internals similar enough that a CZ gunsmith magician can make the trigger go from good to great?

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Does not appear that they are listed yet. KBI may not have submitted samples or paid the fees yet to have the Jericho listed yet.

The Baby Eagle frames were ( I think they still are) made by Tanfoglio. I done some parts swapping with a friend to see if they would work. Most parts from a Tanfoglio and Baby Eagle are interchangable. I haven't done a side by side comparison of the large frame Tanfos and the 45 Baby Eagle but my guess is that the are built as similar as the small frame.

I saw this thread and thought I should post.

A new Jericho model is in the works with an updated frame mounted safety with decocker. It should be available in early December.

As for California, we are not yet approved/certified for sale there. We cannot get new Jericho's listed as they do not have a loaded chamber indicator (easy to do) or a magazine safety disconnect (difficult). We have asked them to approve us based on the guns formerly approved by Magnum Research but we do not have a reply from them yet.

Now that I'm a member here I'll try and visit often and reply to posts as needed.

I saw this thread and thought I should post.

A new Jericho model is in the works with an updated frame mounted safety with decocker. It should be available in early December.

As for California, we are not yet approved/certified for sale there. We cannot get new Jericho's listed as they do not have a loaded chamber indicator (easy to do) or a magazine safety disconnect (difficult). We have asked them to approve us based on the guns formerly approved by Magnum Research but we do not have a reply from them yet.

Now that I'm a member here I'll try and visit often and reply to posts as needed.

Welcome to the forum. Your presence in this forum and support of the sport will be well appreciated.

• 1 month later...

My 941 I bought new in '94 had a 9x19 & .41AE. never shot it in .41. I don't think it came with .40S&W. it would be nice if it did. I have had a handful FTFs & FTEs and the gun is a true point and shooter. The wife likes it. I was really impressed with it when I bought it. its been in a safe for 10 years in a bag of cosmoline. maybe I'll shoot Production with it in a couple weeks if I have 4 mags.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the Jericho 941 in 9mm or .40S&W good or legit for IDPA?

IDPA might have some limitation that I am not up to speed on (weight?).

You might get some details on the gun and then ask (including those details) in the IDPA forum here.

Ive seen a couple in gunbroker.

how would i purchase one from gunbroker? thanks for responding!

all you need is for the pistol to be legal in your state, find a ffl dealer willing to do the transfer, mail the dealer's signed ffl and money order to contact that your buying from (send certified), and wait to be recieved by ffl dealer, fill out your paper work and your done. Sounds long and drawen out, but most of the time the pistols are sent next-day delievery, and now the ffl can be faxed so that can speed it up even more. good-luck with your bidding :cheers:

• 3 months later...

deserteagle45pistol002bp1.jpg

This is a pre Charles Daly "Baby Eagle" from Magnum Research. The gun runs flawlessly, and is quite comfortable for it's size and weight. Personally I prefer a heavier weapon. What initially drew me to this gun was it's price, combined with it's all steel construction. I don't mind Aluminum in guns, but do prefer steel. The only issue I had with it was the feed ramp was a little on the rough side, but after a little polishing it came in bright and beautiful. For the money, (I paid under $500.00), I think it is a nicely constructed, reliable gun. Good firepower in a small enough piece. Bill T.