Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's a fair price to sell Primers?

I just received a small order of primers (20k) and am thinking of sharing some them with some guys at the range who say they are running low. What do you think would be a fair price? I paid $25.50 plus shipping/Hazmat in bulk...so about $27 per box after shipping. Should I sell it for what I paid for it, mark it up a little, or just hang on to them? I'm not looking to take advantage of anybody, but at the same time, if I sell some of my stash, it may cost me more in the future to replace them. What's a fair price considering the current market?

Thanks.

Edited by Filishooter

hmmm tough call...

I think replacement cost is about right

the trick is: what is that cost.

will the price of primers drop or go up?

if you are sharing you need to at least charge what you paid

and they can find it in their hearts to remember you are a friend.

make sure you have what you need, share the rest.

and double the price when some one wants a piece of what you need.

miranda

I like the replacement idea for my friends that I trust! That means a year or so from now it will be like finding money/primers in my pocket!

However, I wouldn't do it for people I don't know very well, I've been burned trying to help people out before.

I agree with the "loan" idea that they replace them later. I've made the same offer to some of my fellow shooters. That way, either higher or power prices won't affect you at all and they get what they need now.

Alan~^~

Right before the shortage, I was paying $28-$29 per k in local shops. The local places are finally getting primers back in stock, but prices are now $40/k.

I'd second the notion that $30-$35 per k would be entirely reasonable.

I like the replacement idea for my friends that I trust! That means a year or so from now it will be like finding money/primers in my pocket!

However, I wouldn't do it for people I don't know very well, I've been burned trying to help people out before.

+1 This seems like a very good option.

If I was short on primers and we were good buddies I'd be happy to pay you $30 or $35/K so I could get through the shortage. In fact, I would want to pay you a little extra since your replacement cost is likely to be more than what you paid for them...we all know that's reasonable. R,