Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My House?

Shooter Grrl

Lynn - It's in Adamsville, TN... part of the Shiloh Falls Golf Course community. (So look for us at matches soon!)

Garfield... they're are asking $159,900, we're going to offer $155,000 for it. We are now a single income family and can easily afford the payment on it.

I'll second that Eric. With 150k, gettin' folks a shantee with maybe a driveway (no garage of course) and an outhouse, that place is great!!!

Kathy, I wish you and David the best. I'm definitely going to have to come out and visit. I'll bring the golf clubs!

Rich

I still can't believe I found this kewl of a place.... not even driving for 4 hours to work could we have purchased a home at this price in California.

That's no "crick" - that's MY pond - and it drains to the "lower" lake, so flooding shouldn't happen (i'm not gonna say it won't, that'll just jinx me!)

We're not close enough to the golf course to worry about balls, golfers or snobs :) It's just one of the nicer neighborhoods we saw. Plus, TN has really cheap vehicle registration fees and property taxes ($600 yr for the taxes!)

Of course the best part is the basement - David FINALLY gets a dedicated and ORGANIZED reloading area!

All ya'll can come on down anytime - we've got a real guest room even.

Garfield... they're are asking $159,900, we're going to offer $155,000 for it.  We are now a single income family and can easily afford the payment on it.

Oh my ... I must be living in the wrong part of the world :(

Something like that would cost much much much more overhere.

Even people like me (single income 4-people family but way over average income) would have trouble / not be able to acquire something like that :unsure:

The average income here is € 30.000,- ($34.000,-) per year.

The average price for a house here is currently € 210.000,- which is something like $ 240.000,-. For that you would get a house in a row on 150 m2 .... (and a garage would cost you an extra $25.000,-)

Maybe I should get me a greencard ;)

I hope you get the house !

Kath,

I just can't tell you how happy I am for you.

Now you can have cats galore, property to lounge on, no noisy neighbors, and you don't have to live and die under the weighty thumb of the Kaliban. What a great life move!

:)