Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First 'anti-stab' knife to go on sale in Britain

Pittbug

This is so ridiculous I had to put it in humor :roflol:

"The first “anti-stab” knife is to go on sale in Britain, designed to work as normal in the kitchen but to be ineffective as a weapon.

The knife has a rounded edge instead of a point and will snag on clothing and skin to make it more difficult to stab someone."

Read more here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...icle6501720.ece

This is so ridiculous I had to put it in humor :roflol:

"The first “anti-stab” knife is to go on sale in Britain, designed to work as normal in the kitchen but to be ineffective as a weapon.

The knife has a rounded edge instead of a point and will snag on clothing and skin to make it more difficult to stab someone."

Read more here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...icle6501720.ece

I've had one of those for years. Called it a "butter knife"...

Wow... I thought this was just a joke at first.

I can't imagine advocating banning a common household utensil. From the pictures, I can tell that using this knife around the kitchen would be a huge handicap.

Not to mention, the really skilled knife weilders mostly use the edge anyway. :ph34r:

Exactly....did you catch this quote from the idiot that invented it

He said: “It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound. Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone.”

Can't inflict a fatal wound.....I guess a this guy has never seen an arterial bleed from a slashing movement.

Knives used for whitewater rescue have always had blunt 'points'.

You can easily ram them under straps, webbing, etc without stabbing.

A buddy of mine collects old paratrooper knives that are the same way.

Some of them are shaped like a hammerhead shark.

Everything old is new again.

Can't inflict a fatal wound.....I guess a this guy has never seen an arterial bleed from a slashing movement.

Clearly this guy doesn't know squat about knife fighting. And I'll bet it cuts throats just fine, thank you very much.

Actually, this is just a gimmick. It's like all the rest of the safety crap that's being sold to a gullible public who would rather spend money than actually pay attention to what they are doing.

I've never seen an axe, hatchet or meat cleaver with a sharp point. (don't get all technical and point out some war axes and stuff) But I'd venture to say that a fatal wound could be inflitcted with any of these. Or like someone else pointed out, a pencil. Someone told me recently that they had to show ID when they bought a set of silverwear in England. I just don't understand it. :wacko:

I remember seeing a show once about the guy who came up with the idea for bullet proof vests. To demonstrate the effectiveness of his product, he would put on a vest, point a large caliber revolver at his own abdomen, and pull the trigger.

I want to see this guy put on a t-shirt and have someone else stab him. I'm thinking a nice over hand strike. If he doesn't bleed out I'll buy one of his knives.

I remember seeing a show once about the guy who came up with the idea for bullet proof vests. To demonstrate the effectiveness of his product, he would put on a vest, point a large caliber revolver at his own abdomen, and pull the trigger.

I want to see this guy put on a t-shirt and have someone else stab him. I'm thinking a nice over hand strike. If he doesn't bleed out I'll buy one of his knives.

And....

that is why this thread was posted in the HUMOR section

This is just great, I read about the complaint a year or so ago but now they have a product, wow !!

Whats next ?? How about files and sharpening stones which one can use to sharpen that point up, will we all

be in straight jackets next, we could just ban arms, as in the right one and the left one ??

Directly related, during the last US Presidential election a guy in London was wear a B.O. t-shirt. An unknown

gentleman on the street saw that and was not pleased so he "shot" the first gentlman twice in the chest with a handgun ??

Handguns have been banned for sometime and this gun was somehow not on the list ?? It was paintball gun converted to shoot ball

bearings. Ingeniuity ?? true story !!

Edited by P.Pres