Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

gun show primer prices

MoNsTeR

$60 for a box was the LOWEST that I saw. The trophy for highest goes to some nutjob with a case of Remington small pistol priced at $500!!! All brands added together, I think there were fewer than 20k small pistol primers at the entire show.

I left empty-handed.

I had planned to go to a local show Friday after work. Ended up leaving the office after 7. Thought about what you experienced and decided I did not want to be any more angry than I already was. Went home played with kids.

Sometimes you just need to know your limits.

Upside is that at $500 per 1000 I must really have a fortune in primers. :cheers:

Wiedeners and Natchez Shooters Supply - internet orders from Tennessee - have recently both gotten primers in stock selling with no increase in price over last year's prices. Gotta love honest businesses.

I have heard these horror stories, i agree, do not buy at these prices if it can be helped. I know in my area some ammo and guns are starting to become available, maybe components will follow. ;)

I had a strange bit of luck recently, my local gun shop owner knows I reload and he occasionally buys gun stuff from estates and lets me know when he gets primers. Sometimes they are kinda old but so far they've all worked for me. Last week I picked up 2000 Winchester/Western (white boxed) small rifle primers and ... gets this 2000 Vitavhouri small rifle primers. I didn't even know VV made primers. that was 4000 primers for less the $100. I figure even if they aren't perfect they'll be fine for practice ammo, and removes some stress from my diminishing stocks of modern primers.

Wiedeners and Natchez Shooters Supply - internet orders from Tennessee - have recently both gotten primers in stock selling with no increase in price over last year's prices. Gotta love honest businesses.
These money grabbers will be remembered when this foolishness is settled down to a reasonable level. I've seen CCI primers in forty year old packaging with a price tag on them of $60. I will not patronize these retailers later and I'll recommend that those that I know do the same. A few of you may disagree with me but that's OK. You probably were complaining about the gas stations that were charging 2 and 3 time the going rate for a gallon of gas. If you think that this is the American way, please send our government a check to help them pay for the money they're giving away to the select few.

Screw 'em - I see it loosening up. I've seen Cabelas, Natchez and Powder Valley all with primers for immediate sale at pretty standard prices (albeit they sold out fast). I absolutely agree with Ray_Z - I'll remember who tried to f-us over and never buy from them again. I'm trying to take care of my friends and make sure they're able to keep shooting.

~Mitch

But they will NOT sell to you if you live in GA, AL, or TN to protect their dealers and allow them to do their own pricing without competition. :angry2:

It's too bad that we can't post the names of the money grabbers on line here. They really need to be black listed. Maybe my memory is a bit too long but I remember the gas stations that were gouging us when gas was short, and I still don't patronize them. I hope they made a lot of money, because I also hope they go out of business.

Now now, gentlemen, calm yourselves. Capitalism and the extended market order have brought us all that we currently enjoy. It is every man's right to offer his property for sale at the price of his choosing... and the right of the rest of us to tell him to take a hike! Though these, er, "overly optimistic" prices are quite annoying, I do not bear any ill will towards those attempting to charge them.

There is no such thing as "price gouging". Any price at which transactions occur is simply the market price. Price increases in times of shortage serve a valuable economic function.

I left empty-handed.

Do you have enough to keep shooting ?

For the summer, at least. I have a few hundred loaded rounds left plus 3800 primers. I expect the shortage will resolve by the time I run out. I also backordered 10k from Grafs today as a hedge.

For the summer, at least. I have a few hundred loaded rounds left plus 3800 primers. I expect the shortage will resolve by the time I run out. I also backordered 10k from Grafs today as a hedge.

Cool !, I got another 5K on order from Natchez, so that should be enough for me for the next year or so... I have 2-3K spare Federal Small Pistol in reserve in case any USPSA shooter in Colorado runs short.

Maybe the shortage will actually get me to look at my sights. :-P

Edited by Azria

There is no such thing as "price gouging". Any price at which transactions occur is simply the market price. Price increases in times of shortage serve a valuable economic function.

Maybe not in Colorado, but here in Florida, there is a price gouging law. BUT, it pertains to pre and post-hurricane issues.

Maybe we need to expand it to Primers, powder, and bullets too tho

But they will NOT sell to you if you live in GA, AL, or TN to protect their dealers and allow them to do their own pricing without competition. :angry2:

The guys below must be the TN,GA, or AL dealers Natchez supplies to. I can't find any of their dealers, or any that sell primers at less than a "substantial" markup atm.

Now now, gentlemen, calm yourselves. Capitalism and the extended market order have brought us all that we currently enjoy. It is every man's right to offer his property for sale at the price of his choosing... and the right of the rest of us to tell him to take a hike! Though these, er, "overly optimistic" prices are quite annoying, I do not bear any ill will towards those attempting to charge them.

I left empty-handed.

Sorry partner the last time I checked my collar was blue. I earn every penny I make. Were you singing this tune when you couldn't get gas unless you paid through the nose?

What was that line..... I think it was PT Barnum who was erroniously credited with the quote:

"There's a sucker born every minute..."

dj

sigh.....another season lost due to an opportunistic market...oh well....I went ahead and ordered one hundred bajillion BBs for my Red Ryder in case there's a run on those next.

I left empty-handed.

Sorry partner the last time I checked my collar was blue. I earn every penny I make. Were you singing this tune when you couldn't get gas unless you paid through the nose?

Absolutely 100%. The basis of a free society is the right to property. Surely you don't believe anyone else has the right to tell you at what price to sell your property, or your time? No one has that right. No one. Ever.

BTW that Florida price gouging law is why you can't get what you need during a disaster. It should be repealed.

Well guys remember that primers are not a necessity, they are a component for a hobby. I hate the prices and lack of supply as much as the next guy, but they are not on the same list as water, bread, and gas. Yeah, in the US I put gas on that list, without it you can't go to work unless you live in the 3 or 4 cities where you dont need a car.