Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best AR15/Rifle Compensator/Brake?

I did a search under "comp", "compensator" and "brake". I did not find one tallied poll on "which one is best?" How have we, as a community, gone so far as to not have a poll on this subject? :rolleyes:

(So future searchers will find...)

brake

comp

compensator

jump

soft

track

make rifle shoot soft accessory

It's for the children

thing at the end

I know I'm in the minority on this one....

I don't like the extra noise of a brake, so I use either an A2 flash hider or a YHM Phantom on my .223 rifles. I'm sure once you go brake you never go back, but I have yet to use any of them.

I did vote for the Gill brake for a limited gun though, just cause I like the guys at Sabre. :)

So why are we excluding suppressors for SHTF situations? :ph34r:

What's SHTF??

SHTF = SH!T hits the fan. aka a disaster situation, Hurrican Katrina is one example in some peoples mind.

So why are we excluding suppressors for SHTF situations? :ph34r:

Because it's an/the obvious choice. :surprise::roflol:

But unfortunately not everybody can have one.

Do they work that well with full power ammo? I know it won't be as quiet as subsonic but does it help recoil?

Well..... Your poll will not accept a vote unless you vote in more than one category. As I know nothing about 2 of the categories and don't want to choose by someones cool name or because I like the guy who happens to put his name on it I'll pass on the poll.

On ANY .223 Benny's Rolling Thunder comp is as good as it gets.

The bigger comps certainly shine with heavy recoiling calibers and IMO the JP is a wonderful thing if you are the guy behind the gun and not beside it.

Charles, can you tell me where to get more information about the SAW Custom brake?

You can call Henry Avant who makes them at 479-986-4156. The best time to call is after 8 or 9 pm eastern since he is in the shop most of the day. His comps are tuned to your specific barrel length.

Edited by Charles Bond

• 2 weeks later...

OTHER

As in Ralph Arredondo's new break. For a year I have been jelously watching him use one on his own rifles and finally got him to go into production. Works noticeably better than my JP/Cooley break. The gun simply does not move.

• 1 month later...

Why the surefire over the PWS FSC556 in tactical? It is a flash suppressor and muzzle break. Not any other muzzle break is gonna do that. Granted surefire can be fitted with a can but the can is not what is being voted on.

Also what do yall think would be the best brake on a 10.5" that wont knock out my fillings?

Edited by bigbear_98