Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small pistol primers

You can backorder small pistol primers from Graf and Sons, Cabela's, and Midsouth. Have to be in the right place at the right time to find them online in stock and be very fast!!! Examples would be Midway and Natchez.

Edited by The_Vigilante

Click the "notify me" button at Midway. They will send you an email when they come in. You MUST act fast. I got two emails one or two days ago. I looked 20 minutes after the time stamp on the email and they were sold out.

Click the "notify me" button at Midway. They will send you an email when they come in. You MUST act fast. I got two emails one or two days ago. I looked 20 minutes after the time stamp on the email and they were sold out.

I find this amazing. I do not doubt your story at all. This is yet another example of us sometimes being our own worst enemy.... I'm sure there are those that really NEED the primers. But I'm sure there are a fair amount of folks out there sucking up all primers even if they have a very good stockpile laying around. I personally have 4,000 small rifle primers and 2,000 small pistol. I am good till next year when HOPEFULLY the primers will be more available. I'm sure there are those that would look at what I have in stock and fall in panic mode because of the "low" inventory.

ARGH!

I find this amazing. I do not doubt your story at all. This is yet another example of us sometimes being our own worst enemy.... I'm sure there are those that really NEED the primers. But I'm sure there are a fair amount of folks out there sucking up all primers even if they have a very good stockpile laying around. I personally have 4,000 small rifle primers and 2,000 small pistol. I am good till next year when HOPEFULLY the primers will be more available. I'm sure there are those that would look at what I have in stock and fall in panic mode because of the "low" inventory.

ARGH!

I have been my own worst enemy since the Air Force sent me to Disaster Preparedness school 40 years ago at a place where jack rabbits were protected because they made good nerve agent detectors. I believe that you believe you have an adequate stock but what about the person that is practicing for an area match going through a 1000 primers every week or two. I am not sure I would call it panic mode if I got down to only 2000 primers but it would cause a change in habits to do more dry fire than live fire. I seem to remember that a name shooter shot 10000 rounds in a two week period getting ready for a world shoot. Take off a zero and I am doing that getting ready for an area match. Once it is over I will go back to hoarding primers again.

Bottom line is "THIS JUST SUCKS". Whether it is hording or not the price gouging and lack of primers is maddening! :angry2: I really feel bad for newer shooters that are not reloading, the prices that they are paying for ammo (if they can find it) just isn't right. If I were just starting out in this sport I think that the cost would scare me away!

Bottom line is "THIS JUST SUCKS". Whether it is hording or not the price gouging and lack of primers is maddening! :angry2: I really feel bad for newer shooters that are not reloading, the prices that they are paying for ammo (if they can find it) just isn't right. If I were just starting out in this sport I think that the cost would scare me away!

I agree. The cost is nuts. I'm reloading and have seriously cut back on practice.

I was trying to shoot at the indoor range two times a week. I would prefer outdoor practice, but the indoor range is close. Now, I am lucky if I get to practice once every two weeks because of the cost of ammo.

Thank goodness my sweetie doesn't mind my dry firing while we watch TV. :)

It's almost 2 hours from when I first placed my order and the website still shows SP in stock. I'm hoping Mitch is on to something and things are starting to turn around :D

I just wish I would have looked at their powder in stock and picked up some N320 on the same Hazmat. You know it's sad when you hurry to "checkout" so you can get your order in before they are sold out :angry:

Edited by KyroWebs

Call them and see if they will let you add it on!

It's almost 2 hours from when I first placed my order and the website still shows SP in stock. I'm hoping Mitch is on to something and things are starting to turn around :D

I just wish I would have looked at their powder in stock and picked up some N320 on the same Hazmat. You know it's sad when you hurry to "checkout" so you can get your order in before they are sold out :angry:

Call them and see if they will let you add it on!

Called and the order was already processed = another hazmat fee+shipping if I wanted the powder. I still can't complain that they are doing as much as they can to get orders out of the door as fast as they can.