Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Graduating

Nik Habicht

Tonight I graduated from Nursing School with Honors after 28 months of steady work. I remember that at times during the past two years, it seemed like it would never end; conversely tonight it feels like the process just started yesterday.....

It's kind of like shooting Nationals that way.......

Best parts -- learning what I'm truly capable of, figuring out how I can meaningfully contribute to society during the next few decades, making new friends, the privilege of being allowed to care for others, the awesome gifts of time, information and dedication from our instructors, support staff, and most of all the staff on our clinical floors --- who don't get paid to teach us, but who pay it forward anyway.....

Next up: National Licensing Exam (NCLEX) and finding a job......

Nick,

Congratulations! My wife graduates from Rn 1st week of June, I just found out that I just entered

and passed the Respiratory therapist program 2 days ago.It will be 18months training but cant wait.

I quit BMW as a manager for 12yrs and wanted to do and contribute to society as well. Glad we can relate.

good luck on finding a job, my cousin still looking for a job as an RN? they limited the hires at the hospital

and seems that the field just want new grads to work at convalecent for experience. My wife on the other hand

has been working for the STATE as an LVN for 5years now, she's lucky as her supervisor manage to save her

an RN spot when she graduates.

Nik,

Congratulations! I know you worked real hard and sacrificed a lot to achieve this goal.

Please do not squash me like a bug, if I happen to make a joke about short white dresses and nurse caps.

George

Ps For those of you who have never met Nik in person, he is a big manly man.

I feel proud to have witnessed this process from the point where you DECIDED to take on this study to the point (now) where you COMPLETED it ever-so-successfully. A very big congratulatiions from the Siggy One. YOU ROCK. B)

Congrats and good luck with the job hunt!

I too am graduating a week from today with my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. There are times that it seems like a lifetime ago that I started (45 months ago), but there are things that feel like they happened yesterday.

Excuse me... It's DOK NIK to all of you! Show some respect!

:goof:

I can't believe I remember when you posted here you were starting school. Congrats my friend! :cheers:

You gonna have USPSA patches on your scrubs? B)

So here you are in a hospital and Nik walks in and informs you it's time for your 3 AM enema. Yeah...that's the stuff nightmares are made of!

Congrats Nik! Giving of yourself for the sake of others is just way cool. :cheers: