Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 2 Desert Classic?

A couple observations...

1) Barbara who was very good about promoting the match announced that she wouldn't be involved this year.

2) It was clear the many local shooters were feeling shut out by the lottery system. A guy who lives 1 mile from the range had the same chance of getting in as a group of shooters from Ethopia.

2) It was clear the many local shooters were feeling shut out by the lottery system. A guy who lives 1 mile from the range had the same chance of getting in as a group of shooters from Ethopia.

As I recall, the lottery didn't fill. Anyone who wanted to shoot got to shoot.

There were also claims that the lottery was bogus and just "friends" got in. (I guess that was the Ethiopians that didn't get in.)

As I recall, the lottery didn't fill. Anyone who wanted to shoot got to shoot.

True last year, not the year before

We will see what we bitch about for '09 as the year progresses :rolleyes:

Later,

Chuck

1) Barbara who was very good about promoting the match announced that she wouldn't be involved this year.

Remember. It's a womans prerogative to change her mind... ;)

Jim

Personally, I hope they stick with the lottery, unless they figure out a way to let anyone who belongs to area 2 have a fair shot at entering. The old postmark method kinda left people in the "far west" SOL. O8 was filled before Hawaii entries even got to the west coast.

just my opinion.

I would like to see another club host the Area 2 Championship. How many years has the A2 match been piggy backing off of the Desert Classic? We've been short changed an extra match for years.

Rich